DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance in the UK

simon_t

Reactions
Okay, so I got my Mavic and am delighted with it (even though I haven't had a chance to get it outdoors yet!), and I want to see what you all would suggest regarding insurance...?

Would it be covered in a decent home insurance policy under items away from the home?

Should I also take out a membership to a 'club' to cover me for third party liability?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: pilotmaverick
Hi Simon, it looks like no one responded. What did you do in the end? I'm currently in the position you were at the time of posting.

Looking at FPVUK for 3rd party liability (£15.80 per year).

Might take a risk on the other stuff, but haven't phoned my home insurance provider to check yet.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the Mavic a few months down the line from your post.

Alex

As have I.. I use photo guard for all camera gear + laptop. Not sure fly aways are covered though and I'm yet to claim.. but they seemed like the best option (with worldwide cover being important for me).

Photoguard - Would they still cover and compensate if the accidental damage leads to accidental loss, and the drone was not retrievable, e.g. sinked to the bottom of a lake or fell into inaccessible forrest...

Reactions: greymonkey
Photo guard will cover the total replacement or repair cost as long as you have recovered the drone - they don't cover loss due to fly always. MUCH better value than DJI refresh - cost me £27 for cover. BMFA will provide public liability insurance for £33 membership fee - photo guard don't do PL insurance.

Aviva home insurance will also cover drones (unspecified up to £2000 per claim). I swapped mine from AA yesterday to cover my mavic before first flight :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki