DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance?

Donunder

Reactions
Has anybody got any good insurance options for their Mavic?

I checked with NRMA and the increase in premium + the extortionate deductible meant it was hardly worth insuring. Adding the Mavic would have cost me an extra $300 per year with a $500 deductible.

I actually called them today to get insurance and they told me it wasn't covered in flight. Only when it's not in use. Would love to know where to insure it.

Thank you for that, I'm not sure I can get that in Australia though after doing some searches. I could be wrong.

Greetings!
I think I qualify as a triple newbie:
I am new to this forum,
I consider buying my first drone in 2 -3 weeks (when the Mavic platinum becomes available here in Australia)
and I am new to forums in general!
SO go easy on me...

I was wondering what you guys think of the offer from the guys at Harvey Norman here in Australia:
(apart from telling me that the Mavic Platinum is a 2-3 weeks away, (which put me off buying the pro version today) - they have essentially a leasing scheme called "flexi-rent":

based on the retail price of 1999$ -
you pay 222$ per month for 12 months and have 3 replacements included.
Which totals to approx 2660$, essentially 660$ for the insurance.
Is that reasonable?

Apparently, it includes covering loss and breakdown of any cause.
5 working day turnover. Replacement with a new drone, if unable to repair in time, dealing with issues in store - I don't have to do any shipping overseas.

Plus there is the "... make an offer to purchase* " at the end of the term, if you don't renew the whole thing for a new drone.

* "Subject to approval and terms and conditions, and in the case of upgrade, our internal credit criteria"
The guy in store said " it would be a matter of negotiation" and me making a reasonable offer.

So I guess what I am asking, does the math add up? 660$ for the insurance for max 3 replacements?
And not knowing what the final payout would be after 12 months to keep the drone.
(Maybe 200-300$ extra? I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make it more attractive to re-sign a new lease for a new product...)

From reading on the forum - it seems to be prudent to have an insurance (especially since I am just starting to fly my first drone, but I am not sure if this offer is the right one...

Any input is appreciated!

Considering you can get the flymoreo combo online for around $1700 now you're paying almost $1000 more for that deal and you don't own the drone at the end of it.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it but some people are willing to pay more for peace of mind.

Flexi rent is never really worth it i personally just bought mine and harveys tried to offer me all that crap and i asked about dji refresh they acted dumb and had no idea what it was so i bought the drone outright and bought refresh from dji i have purchased a laptop on flexi it cost me about 1000 more and at end they wanted an additional 1500 for the laptop at end of contract so ur 300-400 is probably esitmating to low they charge u market value at the end of the contract if u want to keep or u upgrade so market value would probably still be 1000

agree with scott5689 and those shop that want you to takeout extra insurance are also not worth the money, if anything goes wrong with your warranty or even after your warranty has run out you still have your statutory rights to help out.

Consumer rights & guarantees

Hi. I rang around. Basically I can get accidental damage on my personal valuables. But definitely no cover while it is in use. One place would if was using it commercially.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98