DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

My homeowners insurance policy covers bodily injury to myself.
In 25 years of looking at all kinds of homeowners policy, I've never seen or even heard of one that provides 1st party medical. You may be thinking about Medical Payments. If so, that it only to 3rd parties and payable regardless of liability.

In 25 years of looking at all kinds of homeowners policy, I've never seen or even heard of one that provides 1st party medical. You may be thinking about Medical Payments. If so, that it only to 3rd parties and payable regardless of liability.

You are correct sir! Hmm, can I sue myself if my drone hits me?

My car insurance covered my medical costs when I was hit riding a bicycle. I was hit by a pickup truck. I forget what that coverage is called. Maybe you can claim you were riding the drone (g)

Reactions: Former Member
Does PIP cover you even if you are not in a car driving?
I won't get too much into it as it is moving away from the thread but almost always. In most states you get it if there is a vehicle involved. Usually it comes from your own vehicle insurance and if you don't have your own, it comes from the vehicle involved. As long as the vehicle was being used in the proper manner and the injury is a result of a motor vehicle. So if you fall from the roof and the vehicle happens to break your fall... no.

Reactions: Former Member
Personal Injury Protection or Medical Payments. Auto coverage is completly different than homeowners.
Thanks - PIP - that's it.

And THUNDER - I was on my BICYCLE when I was hit - so, yes, at least, in my case my insurance picked up medical payments.

I have my whole fleet (4 DJI drones) covered by State Farm for $65 a year. For the $65 I get up to $5000 so I split it up as follows:
Phantom 3 - $500
Mavic Air - $1000
Mavic Pro - $1500
Mavic Zoom w/smart cntrl - $2000
I purchased the Fly more combo with all of them so it will cover all the accessories. I don't use State Farm for any other coverage. All I had to do is give model and serial number for each. I am in Louisiana.

Last edited:
I have my whole fleet (4 DJI drones) covered by State Farm for $65 a year. For the $65 I get up to $5000 so I split it up as follows:
Phantom 3 - $500
Mavic Air - $1000
Mavic Pro - $1500
Mavic Zoom w/smart cntrl - $2000
I purchased the Fly more combo with all of them so it will cover all the accessories. I don't use State Farm for any other coverage. All I had to do is give model and serial number for each. I am in Louisiana.

Not that State Farm will adjust the claim correctly but what they should pay for is what the actual loss is. If you have more than one battery and the drone crashes, they should only pay for the one battery in the drone at the time. Same with the controller, etc. as long as just the drone could be replaced. But again, I don't think State Farm really looks hard at these claims.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise