DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

PoonDog

Reactions
Got my State Farm policy today. Covers my MA and all the other junk for $30.00 per year. That along with my AMA liability and DJI care should cover it.
Wont feel so terrified flying over water.

Working with SF right now to get my Mavic Platinum covered. Thinking about getting a product called GetterBack that was originally made for fishermen to retrieve a rod that fell overboard

Got my State Farm policy today. Covers my MA and all the other junk for $30.00 per year. That along with my AMA liability and DJI care should cover it.
Unless, heaven forbid, the drone goes in the water and unrecoverable (as far as DJI Care)
I, too, have the AMA. My USAA homeowners would help as well.

Unless, heaven forbid, the drone goes in the water and unrecoverable (as far as DJI Care)

I believe AMA insurance with membership only covers u when flying at one of their locations.

Is this coverage that is a "rider" on your home owner's policy or a totally stand alone policy ?

The State Farm policy is a stand alone. I have no other insurance with State Farm, and regarding the AMA policy , I really dont know if it covers anyplace other than an AMA facility. One thing I do know is that it is really hard to get any information from them as I have asked this Question several times and get no response. Both by email and telephone. Last time the person who ansewered the phone said she would have someone who handles insurance call me. Didnt. Im going to try and call again, or perhaps someone else on the forum knows ? I went to the local AMA field here and found that it was really boring. Ok if all you want to do is fly in circles.

The State Farm policy is a stand alone. I have no other insurance with State Farm, and regarding the AMA policy , I really dont know if it covers anyplace other than an AMA facility. One thing I do know is that it is really hard to get any information from them as I have asked this Question several times and get no response. Both by email and telephone. Last time the person who ansewered the phone said she would have someone who handles insurance call me. Didnt. Im going to try and call again, or perhaps someone else on the forum knows ? I went to the local AMA field here and found that it was really boring. Ok if all you want to do is fly in circles.
Thanks

This may be interesting read. Or not!
According to this letter, the AMA member does not have to be participating in a sanctioned event, only abiding by the rules of safety.

Reactions: PoonDog
I didn't know that USAA covered the drone - I thought my USAA homeowner policy covered liability only, for non-commercial use. Please elaborate.

I didn't know that USAA covered the drone - I thought my USAA homeowner policy covered liability only, for non-commercial use. Please elaborate.
Only as a loss, i.e., theft, under the home owner policy. They won’t touch for commercial that I know of! I can assure you I will NOT do PAF again with them. Lost some weight, my $6K wedding band slipped right off my finger, the PAF only reimbursed $1700. And my rates went up. If that’s how they want to play, dropped my PAF. Just standard home owner and auto insurance from now on. Loss is still covered if theft from home, not out flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki