DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Integra compatibility with Air 3?

davidaguirre

Reactions
Hello everyone! Now I know the leaks cannot be confirmed until the official release, but if they are true and the Air 3 will have an upgraded O4 transmission, do you think the Integra goggles would work with the Air 3?

Hello everyone! Now I know the leaks cannot be confirmed until the official release, but if they are true and the Air 3 will have an upgraded O4 transmission, do you think the Integra goggles would work with the Air 3?
Not until they get a firmware update to support O4.

Motion Controller 2 too. And DJI RC, RC Pro.

Reactions: gppms
I just can't resist: I told you so!!!!

We discussed this at length, over and over, w.r.t. supporting the A3 on the RC Pro. The minimum-wage high-school diploma equivalency exam employees at DJI manning the support dept said it was impossible because: O4.

I shot back: SDR. And that a firmware update to the RC Pro would add O4, or to the drone to add O3 support. The latter happened, to support the goggles.

Whether the A3 will be added to the RC Pro is a marketing decision. It's certainly possible now.

It's not a marketing decision. The technical teams decided how and when to add support based on technical reasons.
Well, I have to disagree, based on my understanding of the hardware, and as I've stated in several other threads the design supports implementing either O3 or O4 because of the transmitter design (Software Defined Radio). I was right so far regarding the A3... It does O3 now in addition to O4.

Just about every transmitter of any complexity is designed using off-the-shelf SDR chipsets. Honestly, it would be engineering malpractice to do otherwise.

So, we'll have to just agree to disagree.

Reactions: craneguy
😞 Thanks. So which of these is best for use with both the FPV & Air 3?🤔
I prefer the Goggles 2 over the Integra as I have several Goggles2/GogglesV2 batteries. The Integra goggles have a built-in battery which I could easily deplete and need to recharge.

I do have my battery strapped to the headband so having to have my phone connected for RID really isn't an issue. Only one wire dangling.

I prefer the Goggles 2 over the Integra as I have several Goggles2/GogglesV2 batteries. The Integra goggles have a built-in battery which I could easily deplete and need to recharge.

I do have my battery strapped to the headband so having to have my phone connected for RID really isn't an issue. Only one wire dangling.
I believe you can dangle that one wire to an external battery box and recharge your Goggles Integra indefinitely while using them. Either way, I find the dangling wire on 2 and V2 to be so annoying and I have my battery strapped to headband as well. So looking forward to Goggles 3.

Reactions: KLRSKIR

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman