DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Battery Life

Yes, there’s a reason to be concerned. That’s the power of AirData. Keep a very close eye on that battery, and probably close fly it close-in and see if that was an anomaly or maybe the battery is actually ready to be retired. That same screen, you may have noticed, has a legend at the bottom that explains the color differences in the bars.
I'm perplexed. I've only had my Mavic 2 since August last year and that particular battery has been charged about 21 times.

I quickly whent to check the battery cell status in DJI Go 4 and all seems fine. All the 4 cells are at the same level.

Is there anything I can do to remedy the degradation?

Thanks

There’s really nothing you can do to repair a weak cell. What’s more important is to monitor this battery after every flight and see if it is degrading. Sometimes they’ll actually improve over time.

There’s really nothing you can do to repair a weak cell. What’s more important is to monitor this battery after every flight and see if it is degrading. Sometimes they’ll actually improve over time.
Think I might have a second battery with a faulty cell. Don't know how they ended up like this. The batteries might have been faulty from the get go. But as you say, I will keep a close eye on them.

Than you Bill [emoji120]

i think you are becoming obsessed with all this battery issue charge it up fully put it in the drone and see what the individual cell values are fly till it gets to first low battery warning mine is set to 30 percent land and when the motors have stopped wait a few moments for the cells to settle and then see what they are reading in the app they dont need to be exactly the same but there should not be one that is way different to the others and you will find that they recover slightly after they have cooled down this is normal for lipos

i think you are becoming obsessed with all this battery issue charge it up fully put it in the drone and see what the individual cell values are fly till it gets to first low battery warning mine is set to 30 percent land and when the motors have stopped wait a few moments for the cells to settle and then see what they are reading in the app they dont need to be exactly the same but there should not be one that is way different to the others and you will find that they recover slightly after they have cooled down this is normal for lipos
Thanks for the advice, I will check it tomorrow.

If you really want to monitor your batteries, use AirData. It's free, and gives your tons of battery data for every flight. www.airdata.com

I tried signing up and forgot I already did.... I uploaded my logs and it shows everything!
you need to pay $7 a month to get the battery maintenance info and other things but the free account is nice

Have you found any issues with your battery cells?

From what I've read here over the past couple of months, allowing the battery to get at or near zero will probably render the battery useless. LIPO's don't like the far ends of the charge spectrum. Much better to accept a little less flight time and bring the aircraft back so when it lands you have at least 20-30 percent. Being a nervous Nellie, I shoot for 30 or higher on landing depending upon the wind and distance.

That would shorten your flight time, of course. i am lucky to get 15 minutes flights with my original battery on my Air. Will order new battery this winter...

If you really want to monitor your batteries, use AirData. It's free, and gives your tons of battery data for every flight. www.airdata.com

I was out flying this morning getting some practice flying in ATTI mode. So lots of hovering and never too far away from my landing point. I stretched the batteries to get the most practice time.
Just read this thread, followed @Bill Ludwig's advice and checked on AirData. I hadn't realised how good their battery monitoring was - thanks Bill.

The data below shows that landing with 13% the cells were at 3.65V. That should be a happy number for a LiPo and matches what @Hagibis posted above. So I'm pretty happy that the DJI smarts are looking after us and the batteries and that the 25% is a safety of flight "reserve fuel" more than a battery cell life consideration.
1550475721366.png

From what I've read here over the past couple of months, allowing the battery to get at or near zero will probably render the battery useless. LIPO's don't like the far ends of the charge spectrum. Much better to accept a little less flight time and bring the aircraft back so when it lands you have at least 20-30 percent. Being a nervous Nellie, I shoot for 30 or higher on landing depending upon the wind and distance.
I like to fly my batteries down to 50 %. that way they are already on storage charge. With the Zoom that is more than 15 minutes flight time.
helps to have extra batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc