DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interchangeable Axis Air 2 and Air 2S

HeadShake

Reactions
Hello, can anyone confirm if the Rear Aircraft Arm Rotating Axis part is interchangeable between the air 2 and air 2s? I am having trouble finding and air 2 part for Canadian delivery however the 2S seems easier to find. Thanks.

Perhaps DJI can confirm, or the sellers? I have both drones, and they take the same batteries and share the same model line, so my WAG would be yes. Probably best to order it and see. Can't be that expensive. Might even be returnable, if you find out they are different.

Perhaps DJI can confirm, or the sellers? I have both drones, and they take the same batteries and share the same model line, so my WAG would be yes. Probably best to order it and see. Can't be that expensive. Might even be returnable, if you find out they are different.
Good ideas, although DJI claims they are different part numbers. I Imagine they will say the same about the battery as well though. No one in Canada has one in stock because the drone is old, so this is an online order. And yes, not too costly. Still, I will wait to hear from someone here for a while. I am not in any rush to get this repaired. Generally speaking people don't mind sharing small details like this and one thing is true, it is best to build a data base here to help know more about the drones.

I did the work before posting. And this is why the question…. Are the parts interchangeable?
Highly unlikely, since you now know the part numbers are, in fact, different. I wasn't aware of that. The batteries are identical, and therefore share the same part number, despite two being used in two different models. That's how you know they are interchangeable.

Highly unlikely, since you now know the part numbers are, in fact, different. I wasn't aware of that. The batteries are identical, and therefore share the same part number, despite two being used in two different models. That's how you know they are interchangeable.
I think I understand you to say that you know the part is interchangeable if they share the same part number, is that what you are saying?

I think that it is reasonable to expect that a manufacturer may well change a part number even if it is an identical part. I am fishing to see if anyone has tried the axis from one model in another is all. I always appreciate people taking the time for genuine offerings of help. This topic got a little more complicated than a "yes they do" or "no, it does not" that I was hoping for. This thread was handled perfectly: Are the Air 2 and Air 2S propellers interchangeable?
It's fine, I think they will be interchangeable and so I have ordered an Air 2S axis. I will follow up and report the fit just to provide data.

I think I understand you to say that you know the part is interchangeable if they share the same part number, is that what you are saying?

I think that it is reasonable to expect that a manufacturer may well change a part number even if it is an identical part. I am fishing to see if anyone has tried the axis from one model in another is all. I always appreciate people taking the time for genuine offerings of help. This topic got a little more complicated than a "yes they do" or "no, it does not" that I was hoping for. This thread was handled perfectly: Are the Air 2 and Air 2S propellers interchangeable?
It's fine, I think they will be interchangeable and so I have ordered an Air 2S axis. I will follow up and report the fit just to provide data.
I have found that it is always best to test for myself, too! Well meaning people like myself may still get it wrong. Good luck and let us know.

They have it listed as the same person both drones
I meant to thank you for taking the time to respond. I agree with you that they are interchangeable. I did order one after seeing your response. In the end, I found a gimbal problem with the drone as well. It was less expensive to have DJI repair it than doing the repair myself. I did have the camera out of the drone and a change would be a very easy job but pricing sent me to DJI. They quoted $4 for the axis. I sent it in and they sent me a replacement drone all for a cost of 160Canadian, so about 20 usd :) So like I said, after reading your post I did order a replacement for $14. I have it here and it will end up in my drone spare parts drawer along with a ton of parts from drones I have owned over the years. I still cannot confirm that they are the same part, but believe they are.

They have it listed as the same person both drones

Hello From Belgium - great webstore for spares - thanks for sharing - indeed, resellers know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857