DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Interesting picture, lol.

Yep the horizon is not quite level but this can easily be fixed in post. Hopefully the owner is not complaining about how the city buildings appear. Also, seems to be bit high for a drone; maybe this comes from a manned aircraft and not DJI?

Actually I am wondering if the horizon is a cloud bank or fog?
I have no idea if they get such things there.
A mavic 3 with the ceiling set to 1,000m perhaps or can that not be done in Chicago?

Actually I am wondering if the horizon is a cloud bank or fog?
I have no idea if they get such things there.
A mavic 3 with the ceiling set to 1,000m perhaps or can that not be done in Chicago?
Perhaps a drone can physically fly that high but I cannot see how it would be legal. Pretty windy there (no pun intended).

Reactions: Bernard
Perhaps a drone can physically fly that high but I cannot see how it would be legal. Pretty windy there (no pun intended).
Aside from the legal aspect, I was think of the firmware thing where the Mavic 3 can, I think, climb to 1,000m but I think it is Geo governed. And I doubt it applies in Chicago, which raises the point, if this is a drone photo, how did they get the drone that high? The twin masted skyscraper tops out at 1,500ft, 140ft below the normal DJI firmware ceiling and that looks more than 140ft above the radio masts.
A skyscraper rooftop launch perhaps or hacked firmware? But even with that they say "I came down to about 2000 when I took that," :eek:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead