DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference and phantom obstacles

StrayaMaate

Reactions
Background, in an area that I regularly fly I’ve had a few problems for the first time. Firstly I was getting strong interference warnings and very choppy video for seemingly no reason. I returned home manually and received several obstacle warnings and the drone kept halting. I was flying into the setting sun, could that be the cause? The last thing was when I got it back to my landing area it wouldn’t land immediately. I had to take it up 15m and then back down before it would land as usual. Any ideas? Are they linked? Cheers.

• If you fly in a different location and the warning and video clears up then it is the location. If the video is still choppy it is (most likely) a Go 4 version problem.
• Flying toward a low sun can trigger the forward obstacle detection sensor. It is especially apparent if there is sunlight reflected off water. Turn them off or change the direction you are pointing to fly again.
• I don't think the landing problem is related. Were there no messages on Go 4? The only thing that has stopped my landing was an "unsuitable to land" message. If using landing precision you also need adequate light for that to work properly.

Reactions: Ripper7620
• If you fly in a different location and the warning and video clears up then it is the location. If the video is still choppy it is (most likely) a Go 4 version problem.
• Flying toward a low sun can trigger the forward obstacle detection sensor. It is especially apparent if there is sunlight reflected off water. Turn them off or change the direction you are pointing to fly again.
• I don't think the landing problem is related. Were there no messages on Go 4? The only thing that has stopped my landing was an "unsuitable to land" message. If using landing precision you also need adequate light for that to work properly.

It’s the same area around my property that I always fly. I’ll take it somewhere else this afternoon and see what happens.

That makes about the sun, it was closer to sunset than I usually fly.

I didn’t get any warnings or anything trying to land. Maybe it was a lighting issue.

Thanks a lot! I’ll report back if I have any further issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore