DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference questions

AMGKid

Reactions
Strong signal range and low latency is my highest concern whenever I’m flying my MP. Recently I was browsing some phone/crystalsky mounts and thought about how the metal mounts may affect RC transmission or even compass and GPS accuracy compared to plastic or 3D printed monitor mounting options. Has anyone tested this or is this even a potential concern?

Compass and GPS are unaffected by the remote, those instruments are on the drone. Metal on the controller doesn’t really affect the radio signal just make sure the antennae are unobstructed. What can make a slight difference is putting your phone is airplane mode even if it’s in your pocket.

Reactions: grendeljaeger
The metal mount is nonferrous metal from my understanding (CNC Machined Aluminum) and as such would not possess a magnetic potential. Since there is no magnetic potential there would be no interference that was produced.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Thomas B
The metal mount is nonferrous metal from my understanding (CNC Machined Aluminum) and as such would not possess a magnetic potential. Since there is no magnetic potential there would be no interference that was produced.
Spot on! I have had no problem with DJI or polar pro screen mounts.

Reactions: AMGKid and BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayaram