DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Enterpise Intro

I’m curious about the visual camera that claims 48 mega pixels but is really only 12 mega pixels. Seems like a weird claim as everyone knows that 12 times 3 (R, G & B) equals 48. Or are they doing something remarkably clever? How’s the RGB quality?

The same claim was made about the Air 2, but have not yet heard of any real issues about the quality. Without it having a mechanical shutter it will have the same short comings as the Mavic 2 Pro.

I have the M2P & M2ED & the quality is quite superior with the M2P. I’m not aware of any drones that have mechanical shutters & other than where u mount a DSLR. The benefit of the M2P is the larger sensor ( lower noise), better quality len & maybe subtleties brought by Hasselblads design. I’m just curious why DJI called the M2EA RGB camera 48 mega pixels when it is clearly only 12.

The Phantom 4 Pro has a mechanical shutter and that is why it is still one of the best for agriculture and construction. The math used on the Air 2 and this MEA is nothing new. Using better algorithms (tech) aloud the camera to use a standard 12mp and multiple it x4. I place all of this in the same category as 4k, 6k and 8k, can you tell with the naked eye the difference.

Will be interesting to see. There seems to be no limit to DJI’s ingenuity & technical capability.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke