DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intro

cobbadog

Reactions
G'Day guys,
Im a newbie to all this and sorry if this is in the wong and if I am in the wrong place.
I am looking at buying a drone to see if I like them and Im working on a budget of $150.00 as a starter unit. Any suggestions and advise as to what to look for? So far I feel I would like a return to base with low battery, GPS, easy to operate for a dummy, 20 minute fly time.
Sorry if this is wrong an d thanks in advance for any help.

As a side note, I stuffed up typing my details when registering and my user name should be cobbadog and I can't see how to change it. Again any ideas please?

Welcome to the forum and did move this for you to the correct section for checking in. Now I will have to let someone else help you with a choice on a cheaper drone
as I have never owned one. We have also spoke on your name spelling and as soon as a Admin logs on that will
be fixed.
Enjoy the forum and good luck.
dc

Found it and thak you dc for your help and guidance. I hope that some ideas can be put forward by those who know a lot more than I do and I relaise I am looking at the lower end of the market but if I get this new hobby in my veins and become proffient I can then update to quality product.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am looking at buying a drone to see if I like them and Im working on a budget of $150.00 as a starter unit. Any suggestions and advise as to what to look for?
If you want to see if you'll like a DJI drone, you'll really need to fly a DJI drone. They are nothing like drones that cost $150 (or less). Perhaps you can find a nearby DJI drone owner that'll let you see/try one in person?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum and did move this for you to the correct section for checking in. Now I will have to let someone else help you with a choice on a cheaper drone
as I have never owned one. We have also spoke on your name spelling and as soon as a Admin logs on that will
be fixed.
Enjoy the forum and good luck.
dc
Thanks for correcting MY spelling mistake Admin.

Thank you to all the warm welcomes, it is appreciated. I do understand that this Forum is based on a quality brand drone and once I have tried something from the lower end I certainly will look into an upgrade, but if I can' get my head around it all and have a major OOPS that puts it to the grave I would not be so disappointed and have lost as much on the trial run. Living in a remote area on the Mid North Coast of NSW near Taree there is only one option to go to and possibly try a drone of some sort. There is a R.C. Aero Club based at Wingham which is near by us and we went there some time back when they held some Australian tittle race that I knew nothing about but boy was it all impressive. I will look into when they are having another Club da and go and say g'day.
Thanks again Cobba

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus