DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS Bluetooth glasses

maelledge

Reactions
I posted this in the BT-300 board, so technically this is my second post. I feel this is probably the most informed forum for my question. I have watch for sometime and have learned a lot from the members here, so “Thank you!”

So here goes a newbie question: I am wanting to find a pair of FPV glasses that will connect to my iPad mini and mirror what it is displaying. I don’t want to do any control from them just a second view and still have the iPad mini as the main interface. Does anyone have any suggestions on if this is possible or has anyone tried it? Everything that I have found required an HDMI output that I obviously don’t have with the iPad.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

You can buy an hdmi/ lightning adapter cable for iPad/ iPhone plugs into lightning port and gives you hdmi and another lightning port. About $45 at Best Buy

Reactions: maelledge
I second the lightning port hdmi adapter idea. I have it and it works very well. The second part of the question relates to what type of goggles to get to show the image. The Moverio's don't work with an HDMI, so that option is off the table. There are probably many workable options, but the best (in my opinion) would be the DJI Goggles. Assuming you have a Mavic Pro, you could use the direct connection (no wires, but different interface) or connect them through the HDMI to have same view as the iPad.

Another poster in another thread mentioned this option.

"The Epson appstore has an app called Mirroring360 Airplay, which enables mirroring your iPad screen on the glasses. I don't have an iPad to try this out, but it seems like you can connect your iPad to the Mavic controller and then mirror that screen to the Moverios. That may solve the OPs problem. I'm tempted to get an ipad mini to try this out."

I had forgotten about that, and haven't tried it. Not certain about the lag.

That is exactly what I am wanting to do only I want to find a cheaper alternative to the BT-300. Can anyone recommend something that can provide the same quality but without all the other options that makes the price go up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1