DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS Go4 app offline changes

Smokey5159

Reactions
Guys,
Can anyone tell me how the latest iOS version of Go4 manages to input questions while I have my ipad offline flying my Mavic?
What I mean is - I don't ever open the Go4 app while I have my wifi activated on my ipad in between flights, and never while it's connected to the Mavic. I have .4 firmware still on my Mavic, and yesterday when I went for flight - the moment I opened the Go4 app - it hit me with a list of questions that if I didn't answer, threatened to prevent my Mavic from flying properly! How do they manipulate the app when it's not even opened on-line???
Smokey

The questions are embedded in the latest version of the app’s software, and I guess your answers would also be. Give negative responses and you’ll get the reduced functionality as described. Fairly simple, really!

Ok, so fairly retarded in other words! Should have expected it really!
Uninstall the GO4 app that you have just updated. Click the link and download any GO4 app you want (the older the better if you don't want all the messing around) But remember, some functions/flight modes may not be available in older versions of the app. Install the app on your chosen device and keep your device in aeroplane mode. Never ever let the app update. The best way to do this is have a device that you just use for flying your MP and once you install the GO4 app, never connect to the internet again. I know for some people, this might not be practical. But there are plenty of cheap second hand smart devices out there.....

You searched for DJI Go - APKMirror

Uninstall the GO4 app that you have just updated. Click the link and download any GO4 app you want (the older the better if you don't want all the messing around) But remember, some functions/flight modes may not be available in older versions of the app. Install the app on your chosen device and keep your device in aeroplane mode. Never ever let the app update. The best way to do this is have a device that you just use for flying your MP and once you install the GO4 app, never connect to the internet again. I know for some people, this might not be practical. But there are plenty of cheap second hand smart devices out there.....

You searched for DJI Go - APKMirror
He’s using an Apple device - App Store nor iTunes gives you the option to install an earlier version

He’s using an Apple device - App Store nor iTunes gives you the option to install an earlier version
Indeed. That's why I suggested looking for a cheap used device to use just with the MP. You can pick up even a year old android device for not a lot of money. Just use that for the MP and nothing else. I use an old ASUS tablet, it's probably 3 - 4 years old. It works fine and you could probably pick something similar up for less than $30.... Maybe a lot less. Ask friends that are upgrading, they usually just chuck their old device in a drawer, never to see the light of day again. You might be able to get it for free. And there's nothing better than free....!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada