DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad air

Oakman

Reactions
So I just picked up an iPad air to fly with my mavic air. Is this too big?

If you fly with this what holder do you use for the iPad and is it too big?

I use a cheap gel case since my iPad is strictly for drone use. I also picked up a 12" polarpro cable from bestbuy. The mavmount is an older one and I know they have newer models out. It balances nice. Only draw back is it blocks the controller data screen, but it doesn't bother me.20190416_190351.jpeg20190416_190226.jpeg20190416_190417.jpeg

It looks like your spring loaded ipad holder also has a tripod mount so you can use it to hold your ipod on a tripod at different angles. Pretty cool!

Reactions: putz
It looks like your spring loaded ipad holder also has a tripod mount so you can use it to hold your ipod on a tripod at different angles. Pretty cool!
Yep, you can flip the clamp, or even mount it from the bottom as well on a Mavmount. TRhis one has the clamp mounted from the back. You can even ivert it and had the ipad over your wrists if you wanted.

Yep, you can flip the clamp, or even mount it from the bottom as well on a Mavmount. TRhis one has the clamp mounted from the back. You can even ivert it and had the ipad over your wrists if you wanted.
I've always just used it as i thought it should be used. I never thought about inverting it and trying to open up the view of the screen on the controller. Guess I just have to spend a few hours this weekend trying different configurations.

You can also mount the clamp from the back, so its a little higher up. All sorts of ways to set it up. I personally like the screen above the controls.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf