DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad compatibility with dji fly for mavic mini

Jim Price

Reactions
I want to buy an ipad that will be compatible with djy fly for mini - - - the oldest, least expensive one that will work to be dedicated to flying mm

A lot of people have gone with refurbished ipad mini4 for using DJI apps.
I don't have a mini aircraft, but downloaded Fly app just to have a poke around the menus, and it worked great in that regard on my ipad mini4.

Something like this (first ad found) . . .

Whether you go for cellular or wifi only is another choice, along with storage size.
If only running the app and a few other drone related apps, you could get by with just ample storage.

There is a full list of suitable devices for the Go4 and Fly apps here . . . edit to remove incorrect text.

Hmm, I just noticed that there is no blue Fly dot on the ipads listed, not sure if it will work to actually fly the Mini ???

Anybody know for sure ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad and dirkclod
A lot of people have gone with refurbished ipad mini4 for using DJI apps.
I don't have a mini aircraft, but downloaded Fly app just to have a poke around the menus, and it worked great in that regard on my ipad mini4.

Something like this (first ad found) . . .

Whether you go for cellular or wifi only is another choice, along with storage size.
If only running the app and a few other drone related apps, you could get by with just ample storage.

There is a full list of suitable devices for the Go4 and Fly apps here . . . edit to remove incorrect text.

Hmm, I just noticed that there is no blue Fly dot on the ipads listed, not sure if it will work to actually fly the Mini ???

Anybody know for sure ?
In my experience that chart is not accurate.

I fly with a 4 year old iPad Air 2. I also use this tablet holder available on Amazon:

I fly with a 4 year old iPad Air 2. I also use this tablet holder available on Amazon:

So do I it works like a champ I got it at Costco in 2013.

Since the Mini had been discontinued, it looks like Skyreat no longer has an iPad holder for the mini. They look pretty scarce in general.

Any recommendations? Buying a mini 2 is not an option.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580