DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad hard to see..anti glare screen...bad colors

Lhemmerich

Reactions
new Mavic Pro...added an iPad hoping that would help. I find it is impossable to see the BLUE writing in the app. Glare seems to be a big issue...other than a hood..any suggestions? Brightness all the way up..

Also the warning of area comes up each time the drone starts after a landing..anyway to tu4n that off

Thanks

new Mavic Pro...added an iPad hoping that would help. I find it is impossable to see the BLUE writing in the app. Glare seems to be a big issue...other than a hood..any suggestions? Brightness all the way up..

Also the warning of area comes up each time the drone starts after a landing..anyway to tu4n that off

Thanks
I have an Nvidia shield and I purchased a matte screen protector, it works rather well to cut glare.

Reactions: BluesDragon
Yup yup.. what Bunny Too said. A matte screen protector, along with a decent hood, does wonders. ;)

Or.... A Crystalsky! I was flying above the snow with bright sunshine, no problems.

Sure, if you want to spend several hundred dollars on a dedicated device that pretty much can’t be used for anything else. That makes more sense than buying a $10 screen protector and $15 shade.

Reactions: Eric17
Sure, if you want to spend several hundred dollars on a dedicated device that pretty much can’t be used for anything else. That makes more sense than buying a $10 screen protector and $15 shade.

X2, 850$ for the new one. Definitely not worth that, ill stick a card board box over my head and hold the rc under it before i spend that much money on a 8" screen.

Matte screen protector and sunshade ! Great combination !

Ah, ah, ah that was instead of buying an IPad. Btw I have a dedicated tablet in my car but you could easily download music and videos to your CS onto a 128g card and use it for media. Heck, you can browse the internet and watch p0rn if you want. Hey, I was a hater myself and argued profusely against the CS on this very forum. Until I got one...

In fact, I bought a Samsung Tab S2 10" for flying my last drone. Too big and clumsy. So I bought a Samsung Tab S2 8" much better plus I thought it would fit in the Mavic controller when I got it. It did but too big and clumsy. So I went back to using my Samsung S8+. The CS comes out and I'm thinking it's a rip off as well. I finally decided to try it and it's awesome! It's solid, doesn't heat up and using the DJI mount, it's part of the controller structure. It's mounts up in seconds, can't fall out or shift. I don't have to mess with cords-that's worth money to me by itself. You can edit, transfer files to SD cards or OTA using DTrans. It doesn't try to charge off the controller but it will charge my controller using the USB A port. It has a HDMI port so I can hook it up to my TV or goggles. It has a micro USB port so I can use it to back up data from anything onto 2 128g cards or use it to transfer to a thumb drive, portable hard drive, or any USB type drive.

It's like so many things. I swore that I'd never buy a tablet. Why bother, I have a lap top and a smart phone? Yea, now I have 7... Why spend $1000 on a Mavic? You can get a decent toy drone for $100. Most of you guys swear you keep line of sight and never go above 400' anyway. Right? I wanted the best solution and I think it's the CS. I've tried at least 4 hoods, I have them around here someplace. Hated them, hated the extra step. Hated the look, hated the feel. Just hated them.

If he lived by me, I'd give them to him. Seriously.

I have an iPad 4 mini and the display brightness just plain sucks, a matte cover will be an improvement but not much.

I have an iPad 4 mini and the display brightness just plain sucks, a matte cover will be an improvement but not much.

Yea my Samsung Tab S2 8" wasn't very good either. I literally use it as a GPS and media player in my car! Hahaha!

Reactions: JMF
I just purchased a CS about four weeks ago (7.85 ultra bright). As a 107 pilot I need all the advantages possible. After getting it out of the box and charging the battery, I went and outside in the direct Texas sun and then began jumping up and down like a little schoolgirl. The brightness of the CS was amazing. You have to see it to believe it. I wish the loading of third-party apps was easier. I used the CS on both the Inspire1 and Mavic Pro.
Just get it.
Roger

I just purchased a CS about four weeks ago (7.85 ultra bright). As a 107 pilot I need all the advantages possible. After getting it out of the box and charging the battery, I went and outside in the direct Texas sun and then began jumping up and down like a little schoolgirl. The brightness of the CS was amazing. You have to see it to believe it. I wish the loading of third-party apps was easier. I used the CS on both the Inspire1 and Mavic Pro.
Just get it.
Roger

Roger..how did you mount the CS to the Mavic Pro

Just get it.
Roger

I second that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d