DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad help (older version DJI App??)

yes if I recall right screen recording came out in IOS 11

Mavic Pro

Are you also using the screen recording?

if you have a mavic pro then if I recall right Go app 4 is what you should be using not go app 3 unless it can be without problems I don't know for sure on that.

Reactions: ksmusa
I have a Mavic Air, controlled by iPad Mini 2, w/iOS 11.4.1, GO 4 v4.x.22.
I am experiencing control lag, distorted video with green blocking, and CPU loading error messages.
I can’t seem to improve things with any of the configuration tips I’ve found on the forum.

Looks like all I can do is to downgrade the version of GO4. Where can I find authentic, earlier versions? I need something that was out after Feb 2018, to be sure it runs with the Mavic Air.

I have iMazing software on my PC, if needed.

Assuming I stay with iOS 11.4.1, what is the oldest version of GO 4 that’s compatible?

I have most versions but hum I am not sure what version is the lowest that will work with mavic air :( and what is the lowest you can run with that ios version :( if I recall right if you try to install a dji go app that is to low for that ios version it wont install so I am thinking 4.2.6?? check this thread out :)

I have fresh older IOS dji app 4 version do you need one?

also any version older then 4.1.18 will not work with ios 11.2.5 or newer hence why I don't updated ios
Using iPad mini4 128GB, iOS 11.4.1 and DJI Go4.0.8 without problems. I don’t know where the information that old versions of Go4 won’t work with new versions of iOS came from but it would seem in my experience to be incorrect. I probably won’t update to iOS 12 without some testing as I’m not interested in updating Go4 which might mean updating the ancient but working version of the firmware on my Mavic Pro!

Using iPad mini4 128GB, iOS 11.4.1 and DJI Go4.0.8 without problems. I don’t know where the information that old versions of Go4 won’t work with new versions of iOS came from but it would seem in my experience to be incorrect. I probably won’t update to iOS 12 without some testing as I’m not interested in updating Go4 which might mean updating the ancient but working version of the firmware on my Mavic Pro!

Are you able to use the IOS screen recorder while flying?

yes it seems the info I read about that is not right :( from what it sounds like if you tried to install a go app onto a version of ios that wont work for that version it wont even install.. so if that is the case and that happens then a person will know the reason why :) I will be playing with software over the winter time I cant fly then :( so that's when I will play more with software :)

Are you able to use the IOS screen recorder while flying?

I myself use a hdmi recorder box to record my screen that seems to work better for me less cpu usage

OK, so for a while now this had me stumped as I wasn't sure if this was a problem with my iOS updates making my iPad slower or a problem with DJI's update making the GO 4 app more of a data hog :confused:

I have since sold my MP1 on CL in anticipation of getting a new Zoom, but since we're so close to an MP3 release, I figured I'd pick up a mini to hold me over for the time being just to see which direction I really want to go ?

Glad I did cause I LOVE the mini :)

Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the MP1, its tiny size, near silent operation and low price means I'm able to take more chances getting footage that I typically wouldn't even try to get with a bigger, more expensive bird :cool:

And to top it off, with the DJI Fly app, I've got zero lag when doing screen recording :D

Which makes me wonder if I had chosen a new Zoom using the DJI GO 4 app, I'd probably have the same issue I was having with my MP1 ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet