DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad how far can I get without a laptop.

Lionfish

Reactions
Howdy .,
I have bought a Mavic 2 zoom , which at present is currently in Ontario , which is the wrong side of the country unfortunately.
My question is .,

How far can I go in this hobby without a computer.?.
Am I going to miss much without one ?

Thanks everyone that reads this .
I would also like to thank everyone that partakes in this forum and to the fellows who created and maintain this awesome chest of knowledge.

Howdy .,
I have bought a Mavic 2 zoom , which at present is currently in Ontario , which is the wrong side of the country unfortunately.
My question is .,

How far can I go in this hobby without a computer.?.
Am I going to miss much without one ?

Thanks everyone that reads this .
I would also like to thank everyone that partakes in this forum and to the fellows who created and maintain this awesome chest of knowledge.
I really think it depends on what you want to do with your photos/videos and your work flow. If you are taking photos/videos and posting to social media and not storing them, and/or using automated features like the photo sphere, then you could probably manage. I have never used an Android tablet or phone but on iOS devices like iPads and iPhones there are some great Apps that allow some pretty sophisticated editing, so going without a computer is definitely doable.

For me, I need my laptop because I do most of my photo/video editing on it. I also keep and store all of my source material. I take hundreds of photos a week and often assemble them into panoramas or HDR images. On my computer in Lightroom, Photoshop, and PTGui. I also edit videos in Final Cut Pro X, so a tablet will not work for me most of the time.

Chris

Reactions: Lionfish
You only really need a laptop/computer when you need to update the AC and RC firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 computer software.

I needed a laptop specifically with windows 10. I was able to get a decent deal off of the local classifieds for $50
8gb. 120SSD....ect. Well worth it to me.

I use a iPad Mini 5, for flying and for editing photos with LumaFusion. While it's small, if needed, I can connect to a monitor of TV with an HDMI connector. Once you get used to its size it works quite well. There are a lot of storage devices or cloud services to store your photos and vids. Now I only use my computer for my Photoshop and Lightroom work.

You don’t need a laptop. LumaFusion is a great editor on iPad. You can do some really good stuff. You don’t need to have the best software in the world for editing, just be creative and imaginative.

You don’t need a laptop. LumaFusion is a great editor on iPad. You can do some really good stuff. You don’t need to have the best software in the world for editing, just be creative and imaginative.
Thanks
Thanks

Reactions: Lastrexking
I use a iPad Mini 5, for flying and for editing photos with LumaFusion. While it's small, if needed, I can connect to a monitor of TV with an HDMI connector. Once you get used to its size it works quite well. There are a lot of storage devices or cloud services to store your photos and vids. Now I only use my computer for my Photoshop and Lightroom work.
Thanks

Thanks everyone it’s good to know I don’t have to add a laptop to my bulging credit card , what with my M2z , smart controller, flymore and a few accessories it’s already near breaking point .
Just wait until my better half finds out .

Oh thanks to Iannes for helping me out on both my questions.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507