DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Rescue my Photos!

KJ-Mini2

Reactions
Hi, so this issue actually has me on my toes, I really want to see if this can work.

So I was recently on vacation with some great friends, we had an awesome time for a few days, rented out a house and I decided to take one photo of where we were with the drone as one visual memory to show the entire thing in all its beauty. I took out the DJI Mini 2 and made a wide angle panoramic shot, the drone took 8 photos or so and when I landed the birdie I rendered the photo and I was really happy with how it came out.

Anyway, the drone then took a set of photos and stuck them into a folder under another folder called PANORAMA. I exported the photo to my mobile phone that night and yes, I did zoom in and out of it because it was very detailed and showed the place I just spent the last three days in. Anyway, I removed the photo from the DJI Fly App somehow, not sure how, I think I deleted it but it stayed on my mobile phone so I was happy with that.

Then comes the nasty part. I deleted the picture by accident and yes, permanently. So as far as I know there is no getting it back.

HOWEVER, I have the raw and unstitched images in the folder on my SD card which is in the drone. So naturally I thought to myself: stitch it again using tools on my computer. But long story short, the stitching didn't go the way it did on the DJI Fly App automatically. So I wanted to do it over the app again.

I connected my drone to the app but I could only see photos I did on the most recent flight. Everything else, although on the card, was not visible. That means I wasn't able to see or re-render my old panoramas which I really want to do again, I don't want to lose these photos!!! (This photo in particular...)

If there is any solution that would be awesome for how I can "get this photo back".

hanks a lot for any help, and have an awesome day,

KJ

I'll answer any questions as best I can to help with more information and will send any media needed if possible!

Reactions: Cafguy
Try with a FileRecovery software...

Reactions: KJ-Mini2
Perhaps it's too late this time, but it might be a good time to start using a better system for managing your image files.
There is no reason at all to keep your image files on the SD card in the drone after you've come home from flying.
If you value your work, you need to copy everything across to your computer after every day of flying.

Perhaps it's too late this time, but it might be a good time to start using a better system for managing your image files.
There is no reason at all to keep your image files on the SD card in the drone after you've come home from flying.
If you value your work, you need to copy everything across to your computer after every day of flying.
Yeah I do delete them but I didn't touch the panorama folder. But the problem is more like "how do I get my panorama back" because the photos are there but I want the Fly App to stitch it since it did a better job than online. I just want the app to recognize that the photos exist and be able to stitch them again. Does that work?

There are some great file recovery software choices out there. If you want me to recommend one?

I tried that, and there is nearly EVERY photo I deleted from the drone that I didn't need, just not the ONE that I really want back. Is there maybe a way I can get it back by restitching it with a tool that pulls the edges? This is the problem, I want it to stretch the sides. Take a look at the photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-05-24 12-07-34.png
    Screenshot from 2024-05-24 12-07-34.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Your posts have confused me.
Do you have the 9 original images that were stitched previously?
If so, they can be stitched again, and better than DJI's very basic app would have done it.

Reactions: EricJT and KJ-Mini2
Your posts have confused me.
Do you have the 9 original images that were stitched previously?
If so, they can be stitched again, and better than DJI's very basic app would have done it.
Yep, sorry for the confusion! I've got the photos but deleted the stitched version by accident. I'm working on Linux and couldn't find a good tool to restitch it, any ideas?

Upload the individual pix to Dropbox or similar, post a link here and I'll see what I can do for you to stitch them properly.

My standard procedure it to off load the SD card as soon as I can get to my computer. If I am going to keep the RAW files folder for hyperlapse or timelapse processing, I will save it as such on my desktop or hard drive. The drone generated panorama can be saved the same way. After all assets are saved from our card, delete everything on the card (e.g.: format it).

Dale
Miami

My standard procedure it to off load the SD card as soon as I can get to my computer. If I am going to keep the RAW files folder for hyperlapse or timelapse processing, I will save it as such on my desktop or hard drive. The drone generated panorama can be saved the same way. After all assets are saved from our card, delete everything on the card (e.g.: format it).

Dale
Miami
Yeah I've basically removed all the photos from the card, been a photographer for 3 or 4 years now so I have enough experience to do that, but thanks anyway!

I use PTGUI in Windows and it is a paid for piece of software that is vastly better than the built in DJI built in software stitching software. PTGUI is also available for Linux.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar