DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad ios update prevented from flying

MGVision

Reactions
Is it normal with apple devices that when there is ios update and we dont get the latest version we cant start our drone? Yesterday i took my mavic air 2, powered drone, controler and ipad and i got message that rc is not connected to mobile device. I lost 1 hour tried to figure it out what is wrong. Everything seems too be ok only my ipad ios needed to be updated. So i returned to home updated ios and problem disappeared. I dont understand why my drone need latest ios version to fly.

Reactions: 254drone
if there is a ios update "waiting" there it shouldnt be a prob. I have had conflict in the past when the apps are updated but the ios isnt. but this shouldnt be the case here. reseat the cable as suggest try another one

Reactions: MGVision
I have flew needing to update with no problem so it wasn’t your
ipad.

In this case can this situation be caused by battery update? I had to update my battery later in the day.

I used same cable in my home and the was no problem, so it is not cable fault. Drone legs were flashing orange when i got this message on my ipad screen.

Again i have flew needing to update the battery but just dismissed that message.
Though you might have checked that cable and it worked with something else don't mean it's fine with your controller. I would use another cable and see.Or maybe just use a electronic spray cleaner and clean the port as well as cable ends. I always start at the weakest link and it is usually the issue.
Maybe not yours but is what i do and i'm using CRC cleaner on all of my ports and battery connections regularly . Always have and works.

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
Is it normal with apple devices that when there is ios update and we dont get the latest version we cant start our drone? Yesterday i took my mavic air 2, powered drone, controler and ipad and i got message that rc is not connected to mobile device. I lost 1 hour tried to figure it out what is wrong. Everything seems too be ok only my ipad ios needed to be updated. So i returned to home updated ios and problem disappeared. I dont understand why my drone need latest ios version to fly.
Somewhat off topic: is the stock cable long enough? What adapter to you use for hitching onto the controller?

Guys i dont want to be rude and dont take it like this but like i said cable is perfect. It is brand new cable, with perfect condition bought 2 weeks ago. I flown with it with mavic air 2 previously with no issues and i flown with it today with no issues.
Course of events:
1. Started the controller and the drone.
2. Recived message on my ipad screen "rc is not connected to mobile device "
3. Tried to solve the problem on the spot but nothing worked (turned on and off the drone and the controller, removed the cable and inserted it again, tried to linked the drone to the controller).
4. My friend noticed that drone back legs were flashing orange.
5. I browsed internet and saw that this problem can occur on apple devices when there is an update to be made.
6. I went to my ipad settings and sure enough there was an update to be made.
7. Went home, did ipad ios update, turned on the controller (with same cable) and the drone. Previous message "rc is not connected to mobile device " which appered like 1 hour earlier on my ipad screen was gone, everything was ok.

Somewhat off topic: is the stock cable long enough? What adapter to you use for hitching onto the controller?
If you will use phone then the stock cable will be perfect, but if you will use tablet then you will need longer cable.

We’re not trying to be rude either but you’re not listening to anyone. The message you got on the screen had nothing to do with the update! Otherwise we would all get the same message and no one has ever received that message In conjunction with an update. That message you received is very common and 99% of the time is related to a bad cable.
Sounds like you might had two separate issues going on.
Cables go bad all the time, even new ones.

Did you power down the iPad then restart it? Sometimes you need to reset iPad. If it was a connection problem to your controller then restarting iPad could have solved this.
I was just going to ask this as restarting the iPad is not listed in the chain of events the OP listed. It could have been as simple as the iPad needing a reboot.

Reactions: MGVision
I believe that this would have solved it. Tends to solve a lot of problems with computers. Turn it off then restart has worked for me with a lot of problems.

Reactions: dirkclod
Agree , that’s how I got my iMac. Kept rebooting and kicked a hole in
my other. ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu