DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 2 or 4 ?

Just wondering which would be best suited to my Mavic,an Ipad Mini 2 32g/64g or a Mini 4 16g/64g WiFi and cellular unlocked ?
At present I'm using my Note 4.
It seems both have the retina display,but the 4 is a tad faster on the CPU and GPU....
Any help to a non APPLE user would be greatly appreciated.
I got a 32g ipad mini 4... wifi and use my phone as a hotspot for it. It works great with my Mavic, I use it in extreme cold weather (Buffalo,NY) and still have had no issues at all...

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Those of you who use the Garmin GLO... Where do you put it while you're flying?

And, does it work with all the pilot apps like DJI Go 4, Litchi, Autopilot, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I traded my mini2 for a mini4. Both Wi-Fi, I tether with the hotspot on my phone and get every feature that I need.

I traded my mini2 for a mini4. Both Wi-Fi, I tether with the hotspot on my phone and get every feature that I need.

This works, but the GPS is not great, the Garmin GLO supplies better GPS accuracy, especially when using the follow me mode at close range.

Be safe and happy landings....

I got a mini 4 "refurbished" from amazon for $210 last week. It was described as like new condition and it was, it looks like maybe it was an open box item. Works great, looks brand new, even had the factory screen protector on it. It was the gold 16gb, they still had them for $210 last i checked.

FWIW, they're $269 now, in stock on 2/28.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This works, but the GPS is not great, the Garmin GLO supplies better GPS accuracy, especially when using the follow me mode at close range.

Be safe and happy landings....
Yeah not concerned with any of those modes, it just works for me for flying and mission flights.

Reactions: Anthony Horrigan
I found i don't need the External GPS unit because i always fly near areas where my cell phone works and I use it as a Hotspot to my tab. But for the small cost on island trips or remote locals it makes sense to buy that Bad Elf unit. BTW, their tech help speaks my language and was easy to talk to.

Andrew Reeves N5

As @MavicMo stated the iPad Mini 4 is more robust than the Mini 2, thus if money isn't an issue go with the Mini 4. As a side note...I've owned both and have seen no difference in brightness or viewing in sunlight between the 2 & 4.
You could have the mini 9 and still have issues with glare....thats why i highly suggest this hood......i have had one and they are becoming the big answer and great view

Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood Kit for iPad mini, DJI HAV1KIT B&H!

I purchased an iPad Mini 2 because it was on sale at BestBuy. It ran DJI Go 4 perfectly with no noticeable lag. I ended up returning it because it was difficult to see outside in the daylight. I've heard the Mini 4 is brighter and less reflective.

I'm waiting until the Mini 5 comes out to take advantage of the Mini 4 Sales.
In my opinion they all are hard to see outdoors...i have had several. Thats why i highly suggest this hood...it has solved ALL my problems , i lose no color, no glare issues....its made by the same company that makes the viewers for referees on sideline reviews at NFL games.........best money i have spent

I had been using the IPAD mini 2...but then started having lag issues. Over heating..........getting worse and worse with both my Phantom and Mavic........

Turns out the IPAD mini 4 has a faster chip...so i just got it today.

Works flawless.
Its a bit thinner than the mini 2 and isnt as tight in the Mavic controller but i will adjust.
Flew today out at sea and there is no delay at all. Smooth turns, orbit ships with fingertip precision. First flight with the Ipad mini 4 good.

As for glare issues I use the Hoodman....its amazing....no glare.....the screen is crisp. I dont fly without it , best money spent

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569