DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 + Mavic Pro

Nohandles

Reactions
Ok guys - I need a bit of advice. I've looked through the posts and haven't seen a complete answer to these questions:

I'm going to buy an iPad Mini 4. Do I get the version with cell and wifi, or just wifi?

From the posts, I know that the "Follow Me" feature would be more effective with cell, and you can update the RTH location as well. Are there any other advantages or disadvantages in getting the cell version (assuming I don't want to make phone calls with it).

Would the cell version be of any additional value when using the Lichti app?

Thanks,

Ian

The cell version has a GPS antenna in it, the wifi version doesn't. If you get the cell version, you don't have to have a cell account for it - run it without a sim, and download maps through the DJI app ahead of time, or use your existing cell phone as a wifi hotspot.

I'm not sure if this matters with Litchi -- I don't use it.

Ok guys - I need a bit of advice. I've looked through the posts and haven't seen a complete answer to these questions:

I'm going to buy an iPad Mini 4. Do I get the version with cell and wifi, or just wifi?

From the posts, I know that the "Follow Me" feature would be more effective with cell, and you can update the RTH location as well. Are there any other advantages or disadvantages in getting the cell version (assuming I don't want to make phone calls with it).

Would the cell version be of any additional value when using the Lichti app?

Thanks,

Ian

Get the cellular

My iPad mini 4 is the WiFi only unit. I hotspot my phone if I am out and away from a WiFi connection.
I have learned to update my NFZ approvals before leaving the house.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King