DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 5

Trying to be clear.. you have a Mini 5 that is wifi only and the aircraft position indicator works perfectly?
Here is an example of it that I found. I don't think that he has his compass calibrated but it is working. I calibrated my compass right before takeoff and thought at first that it was not accurate, however as soon as I got around 50 feet away it was dead on.

I found a good, used model (a 3, I think) that could run the latest OS and used the savings to buy a cellular model. I didn't need very much storage fo this, so that helped. (I have a new iPad Pro for everything else I do. My mini is just for the drone.)

That being said, I just upgraded to an Air 2, so now I'm looking for a holder and probably a hood for the mini. I usually shoot and fly with the sun low and at my back and I was nearly flying blind when I was out yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone have a link to a longer cable that is compatible with the MA2 controller and the mini 5? I have bought two different cables off of Amazon that are listed as USB-C to lightening And specifically list MA2 compatibility, but each time I have received a micro USB to lightening cable.

I have this one

Reactions: AG214
Has the iPad 5 mini a bright screen?
Is there another apple pad that works with MA2 and has a really bright screen?

Does anyone have a link to a longer cable that is compatible with the MA2 controller and the mini 5? I have bought two different cables off of Amazon that are listed as USB-C to lightening And specifically list MA2 compatibility, but each time I have received a micro USB to lightening cable.
Depending on your tablet holder, you may not even need a longer cable. I made a holder out of Velcro Hangables and the stock cable length is perfect, as is the angle of the tablet and it doesn’t interfere at all with the controls.

The mini 5 seems plenty bright to me.

Reactions: Rchawks
The mini’s are fine as far as brightness goes. I just use a big hat for shade.
The sc screen certainly is better, but Android and I don’t get along.

Perfectly.

Anyone know of a better price on the Ipad Mini 5 wifi. Amazon has for 384.99. Not interested in refurb.
I just paid $399 at Staples-best upgrade in the world! They seem to be getting tougher to get as well. A delight to fly my Mav Air now and not on the iPhone 7- which was good for what it was

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic