DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mount for a dji controller.

packnrat

Reactions
ok so in another thread, i was informed my mount is a cheap crap unit dropped into the box for fluff.
looking at all out there. how about those using such give a bit of feed back on the good, bad, ugly. of what you have used.
sure they do not cost much. but at a week or four to get one in i would rather not buy and wait just to find out it is not any good.
i have a number of holster for my pistols. and they cost a LOT more for each one. so buying to try is costly as well as the wait time.

ok so in another thread, i was informed my mount is a cheap crap unit dropped into the box for fluff.
looking at all out there. how about those using such give a bit of feed back on the good, bad, ugly. of what you have used.
sure they do not cost much. but at a week or four to get one in i would rather not buy and wait just to find out it is not any good.
i have a number of holster for my pistols. and they cost a LOT more for each one. so buying to try is costly as well as the wait time.
Packnrat, I've ben very happy indeed with my MavMount. Very good engineering, fit and finish.

And the mavmount cost a lot of gold.
But one gets what they pay for.
how’s weight?
Strain on the neck—I have a bad neck.
Just might buy one.

Anyone seen the official DJI mount yet, seen it available on preorder on the dji store?

Very happy with the PGYTECH 4-10.5inch iPhone/IPad Holder Remote Control Tablet Mount I got in Amazon for 29.99. It holds the iPad mini and not a 1/4 of an inch more, but I don’t need more.

The Mavmount is very good if you're willing to spend a ton of money. But I've been using the one below for a year and a half and have been very happy with it. It holds up to an iPad Pro and it folds flat for stowing in a bag or case.

SKYREAT Upgrade Aluminum-Alloy 4-12 Inches Foldable Tablet Ipad Mount Holder with Metal Nut Ring for Mavic 2 Pro,Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Air/Pro/DJI Spark Remote Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMVJ8K8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VDhcCbF8EZKK8

Look at the MavMount website because they have a lot of good ones.

The only problem for us here in the uk is the shipment charge, very expensive if you want to oder from the states:(

That’s the reasons I didn’t buy the Mavmount, very nice piece of kit though;)

Reactions: fozzzy
The only problem for us here in the uk is the shipment charge, very expensive if you want to oder from the states:(

That’s the reasons I didn’t buy the Mavmount, very nice piece of kit though;)

The Freewell light on Amazon uk is a similar design buddy, uses a ball head, I’ve been on it for a month or so and it’s a great bit of kit

Reactions: Porky
The Freewell light on Amazon uk is a similar design buddy, uses a ball head, I’ve been on it for a month or so and it’s a great bit of kit

I’ve got the polar pro mount which was bought from heliguy here in the uk, no large shipment charge, free delivery;) buuuuuuuuuuuut not used it yet, you know why.. 25th ring any bells:)

Reactions: fozzzy
I use a full size Ipad air which didn't seem to fit in the controller mounts so I made a holder out of a couple of pieces of leftover click flooring and a three inch piece of 1/2" ally rod. It works really well but it helps if you have no street cred left!

Ok so I dropped the cash on a “mavmount”, with a blue base.
Received it. Box in a bag. Great shipping. But on opening the box.
Product in great shape, but disappointed on packaging in the box.
Only item wrapped was the iPad mount, everything else was just dumped into the shipping box.
No damage. But I guess I expect a company to care more about there products enough to at least wrap it in something before pacing into a shipping box.
The iPad mount so far holds very great, no slippage noted as new.
Mount bracket looks and fits great.
The ball mount needs a better knob for my old fingers.
The lanyard ring mount was not “ cleaned” up, machine marks, not a problem, just noting. as for the price point one would think it would be “cleaner”,
Shoulder strap, well it is a strap, time will say if good, or just not my liking.

Not saying bad here, just my honest first view of the product.
So far not used it in the field, but looks like it should hold up for a time.

Mavmount with a full size iPad, works great. I highly recommend what ever you get, make sure it has a lanyard. 20181201_170202.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_