DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Pro 11 and MavMount, usb-c cable length?

dronebeard

Reactions
Does anyone have experience with this set up? The dji provided usb-c cable is certainly too short, does anyone know of a good cable with just enough length for the mavmount? Preferably with an angled usb-c mount to go into the ipad.

Also.. which mavmount clamp size would I need to order? I have the new iPad pro 11" and figured it'd be fun to occasionally fly with it..

You can find longer cables on Amazon.

Another option would be to unplug the cable on the left side of the remote controller and connect your iPad to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. A 12" cable like one of these would be a good fit.

Reactions: W2EJ and dronebeard
one of them is only 0.8 ft long so probably wouldn't work?
Break out a tape measure and figure out the length that would work best for you.

I'm sure many others will agree when I second Mike's suggestion to use the bottom USB-A port not the side port. That one CAN be problematic while the USB-A seems to work flawlessly. And then, as he said, you only need a short cable, I think mine is 12 inches max with a right angled Lightning connector. The cable never interferes with the operation, at least it doesn't for me.

Reactions: dronebeard
Maybe wait until it arrives then? You could use the cable you use to charge your iPad until you're able to purchase a dedicated cable.

Reactions: dronebeard
Maybe wait until it arrives then? You could use the cable you use to charge your iPad until you're able to purchase a dedicated cable.

edit..
unfortunately the cable that comes with the new ipad pros are USB-c to USB-c

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with this set up? The dji provided usb-c cable is certainly too short, does anyone know of a good cable with just enough length for the mavmount? Preferably with an angled usb-c mount to go into the ipad.

Also.. which mavmount clamp size would I need to order? I have the new iPad pro 11" and figured it'd be fun to occasionally fly with it..
I just purchased the Mavmount for my 11" ipad pro and got the biggest adapter they sell, works great and its STURDY! running into the same cable issue as you, i just took one of my longer usb C cables and coiled it up and zip tied it to makenit a shorter version and plug it into the bottom of the controler. Jimmy rigged it until i find a 6" or better length that satisfies my taste. It gets the job done for me anyways.

Thanks Josh. Did you get the 160-188mm size clamp? It mentions it's for 10.5" screen tablets, but I assume even though the ipad pro 11 has a slightly larger screen, the tablet body is smaller as the bezel is smaller..

Thanks Josh. Did you get the 160-188mm size clamp? It mentions it's for 10.5" screen tablets, but I assume even though the ipad pro 11 has a slightly larger screen, the tablet body is smaller as the bezel is smaller..
I got the 55-278mm 12.9" tablet size for wiggle room if needed for a bigger pad later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde