DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad pro or Ipad mini?

Tuckyford

Reactions
Im new to the drone world but Im trying to decide between a Ipad pro and an Ipad mini. Im interested in hearing everyone elses thoughts? Im not above getting an android tablet as well Ive even considered getting a new phone and use my Iphone XS for a drone. I'm getting a DJI Mavic Pro 2 as well as a Under water drone so I want something dedicated to only my drone use really.

Reactions: Drone Master
Welcome to Mavic Pilots :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
I personally use a IPad Mini4. It’s size is perfect for me and does not require a separate mount for the controller. A pro would require one.

I went for the option between the Mini and the Pro and got the new iPad Air. I never really intended using it to fly with though. The Air offers most of what the Pro does at a more affordable price. Anyway, I’ve been very happy with it so far.

Reactions: Droniac
Im new to the drone world but Im trying to decide between a Ipad pro and an Ipad mini. Im interested in hearing everyone elses thoughts? Im not above getting an android tablet as well Ive even considered getting a new phone and use my Iphone XS for a drone. I'm getting a DJI Mavic Pro 2 as well as a Under water drone so I want something dedicated to only my drone use really.
I've been using this 32 GB iPad without a problem for about 2 years. At first with the Mavic Air, and now with the Mavic 2 Pro. I get a nice big image. It is mounted on a Skyreat holder. Picture attachment. No problem with DJI Go4 app installation. I turn off the cache to save memory on the iPad.

Attachments

• Skyreat-holder-side viewe.jpg
    Skyreat-holder-side viewe.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 29
I have both, and think the mini is best for flying. The 12.7 is a beast, both in weight and in unneeded processing power.
I’ve seen used/refurb mini2s for as little as $100 on eBay
I certainly wouldn’t buy the iPad Pro just for flying. If you want to bigger size go for the standard iPad.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
I personally use a IPad Mini4. It’s size is perfect for me and does not require a separate mount for the controller. A pro would require one.

totally agree/ happy with mine. The others are a bit clunky and heavy.

iPad Mini 5 with a data line :D

Reactions: deleted member 877
I use the iPad mini 4 with all my drones. I have never had any issue and they are very stable. Both are pretty much just dedicated to the DJI Go & Fly apps. It just seems that the Apple devices work so much better with the DJI apps.

I have both, and think the mini is best for flying. The 12.7 is a beast, both in weight and in unneeded processing power.
I’ve seen used/refurb mini2s for as little as $100 on eBay
I certainly wouldn’t buy the iPad Pro just for flying. If you want to bigger size go for the standard iPad.
My iPad is not really a beast. It is 9.5 inches -see photos

Attachments

• iPad on Skyreat Stand.jpg
    iPad on Skyreat Stand.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 30
  • iPad-front.jpg
    iPad-front.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 27
iPad mini 4 works perfectly and ample screen landscape to view Go4 app. I have a iPad Pro and is unwieldy mounted on a controller.

Hi, Everyone -

I too am new to the forum and have some basic questions about Mavic Mini and DJI's 'Recommended Devices" list. I am trying to decide, for example, which tablet to purchase for flying the Mini. I like the iPad Mini, but the DJI compatibility list says only the iPad Mini 4 will work. Of course, the latest from Apple is the Mini 5. Does anyone have experience using the Mini 5 with the DJI Fly app?

Reactions: buddb55
Hi, Everyone -

I too am new to the forum and have some basic questions about Mavic Mini and DJI's 'Recommended Devices" list. I am trying to decide, for example, which tablet to purchase for flying the Mini. I like the iPad Mini, but the DJI compatibility list says only the iPad Mini 4 will work. Of course, the latest from Apple is the Mini 5. Does anyone have experience using the Mini 5 with the DJI Fly app?
I do not have a Mavic Mini, but my iPad Mini 5 works great with my Mavic Air 2.

I've been using this 32 GB iPad without a problem for about 2 years. At first with the Mavic Air, and now with the Mavic 2 Pro. I get a nice big image. It is mounted on a Skyreat holder. Picture attachment. No problem with DJI Go4 app installation. I turn off the cache to save memory on the iPad.

I too have a iPad mini 5. How do you turn off cache. Thanks in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR