DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Pro sd card reader Mavic 2 pro

bruceG

Reactions
Has anyone found an SD card reader for iPad Pro the will read Mavic 2 Pro files? Hyper advertises one and it did actually work for a little bit but now doesn't. Plus, the Hyper won't read anything else.

Apple SD card reader works well... Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader

You still need an SD Card sleeve for your microSD card to use this adapter, which often comes with the micrSD card, but can't use it without it, unless it also has a separate dedicated microSD card slot . Apple also makes a Lightning to microSD card adapter, which is even more compact, and has no cord.

The Apple readers work great. Just be aware that if you have a 2018 iPad Pro, they don't use Lightning connectors anymore. You would need this reader instead:

Reactions: Greenflash
What generation of iPad Pro do you have? If you have the 2018/current generation, that one won't work because it uses USB-C rather than lightning.

If it is a lightning model, I suggest getting this one so you can use ANY card reader, and it has an optional external power hookup so you are not limited to SD cards:

Note that you will only get USB 3 speeds with the 2017/2018 Pro models.

If it's the newer USB-C model, all you need is a $5 adapter like this one along with your preferred card reader. The USB-C port can provide the necessary power:

What generation of iPad Pro do you have? If you have the 2018/current generation, that one won't work because it uses USB-C rather than lightning.

If it is a lightning model, I suggest getting this one so you can use ANY card reader, and it has an optional external power hookup so you are not limited to SD cards:

Note that you will only get USB 3 speeds with the 2017/2018 Pro models.

If it's the newer USB-C model, all you need is a $5 adapter like this one along with your preferred card reader. The USB-C port can provide the necessary power:

FYI: The linked Lightning to USB 3.0 Camera adapter above is apparently broken by iOS12, according to the comments.

Last edited:
FYI: The linked USB 3.0 Lightning microSD card reader above is apparently broken by iOS12, according to the comments.

I didn't link to any card readers, but the OTG adapter I linked works perfectly on my 11" 2018 iPad pro.

I didn't link to any card readers, but the OTG adapter I linked works perfectly on my 11" 2018 iPad pro.
Sorry. I meant the linked "Lightning to USB 3.0 Camera adapter" you did link to, and the user comments at the link indicate that was broken by iOS12. Is your 11” 2018 iPad Pro running iOS 12?

Sorry. I meant the linked "Lightning to USB 3.0 Camera adapter" you did link to, and the user comments at the link indicate that was broken by iOS12. Is your 11” 2018 iPad Pro running iOS 12?

Yes it is running the latest version of iOS 12 but that is irrelevant as the item in question is a lightning accessory. iOS 13 will be bringing some (desperately needed) improvements to file handling on external devices as well.

As mentioned in my post though, the 2018 iPad Pros aren't natively compatible with any lightning accessories so I am not sure I understand your question. For those you would use an OTG adapter.

My iPad pro 2017 10.5" (lightning) still worked with that lighting to USB 3.0 camera adapter and iOS 12 before I sold it.

As for specifics to M2 files, the SD is formatted FAT32 or ExFAT, depending on size, and files are just files. The dependency on file types would not depend on the reader but rather the iPad software.

Yes it is running the latest version of iOS 12 but that is irrelevant as the item in question is a lightning accessory. iOS 13 will be bringing some (desperately needed) improvements to file handling on external devices as well.

As mentioned in my post though, the 2018 iPad Pros aren't natively compatible with any lightning accessories so I am not sure I understand your question. For those you would use an OTG adapter.

My iPad pro 2017 10.5" (lightning) still worked with that lighting to USB 3.0 camera adapter and iOS 12 before I sold it.
Thanks for clarifying your experience. I was merely quoting what was reported in the comments below the link you supplied. Your results seem to differ from theirs, so I assume their results are some form of user error. Appreciate your insights!

I'm a newbie here. Recently bought a Mavic, I'm using iPad pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation, software version 12.4
Not importing any video from mavic air or through SD card reader
Anybody can throw some light

I'm a newbie here. Recently bought a Mavic, I'm using iPad pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation, software version 12.4
Not importing any video from mavic air or through SD card reader
Anybody can throw some light
IPad iOS release is imminent- you can join the public beta if you want to get onto it now.

Makes like easy as you can work directly with external storage using the native files app.

IPad iOS release is imminent- you can join the public beta if you want to get onto it now.

Makes like easy as you can work directly with external storage using the native files app.
Thanks Man
Kinda waiting for the software update hopefully resolve these issues

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_