DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad pros & cons.

yawyaw33

Reactions
Apart from not being able to designate a return to home point mid flight, can anyone give advice on the downside of using a 10.2" wi-fi only ipad. Thank you.

Screen brightness in sunny conditions. You’ll need a sunshade, or simply just stand in the shade lol. Otherwise it’s a good tablet for flying.

Screen brightness in sunny conditions. You’ll need a sunshade, or simply just stand in the shade lol. Otherwise it’s a good tablet for flying.
Thanks for that while I have your attention can the go 4 app display in landscape mode on the ipad?

Apart from not being able to designate a return to home point mid flight, can anyone give advice on the downside of using a 10.2" wi-fi only ipad. Thank you.
Cons
10 inch is pretty big and weighty, many prefer the more compact size of a mini.
Apple devices are prone to overheating in hot weather.
The Apple way of doing things (if you aren't an Apple person).

Reactions: yawyaw33
That is the only way it will display.
The only experience of tablet use with the app was with a lenovo Tab X103f and display'd in portrait only. Relieved to see you state that the ipad does otherwise even though i'll need a mount. Thanks again.

The only experience of tablet use with the app was with a lenovo Tab X103f and display'd in portrait only.
It's a strange and unusual tablet that would only display in portrait mode.
It sounds like it just needed screen rotation to be enabled in the display settings.

It's a strange and unusual tablet that would only display in portrait mode.
It sounds like it just needed screen rotation to be enabled in the display settings.
Cheap & inadequate rather than strange & unusual, but you get what you pay for! BTW screen rotation was enabled however as far as I could tell it was only with the Go4 app were Couldn't change orientation.

Take a look at the 9.7" Air 2 and you may appreciate the lighter / thinner package, even though it's only a slightly smaller screen size than the 10.2".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird