DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IpadMini - CPU overloaded..

photo2be

Reactions
Hi. Maybe this isn't the right forum but as my issue are linked to my Mini2 I give it at try here., I use and (old?) IpadMini. The App works great and the Mini2 flies perfect. But after 1-3minutes in the air the screen says. "CPU overloaded" and the Ipad turns off and try to restart... Luckyly it works to fly back with a black screen. I assume that the CPU is out of date..
Any other clues before I put the MiniIpad in the garbagebin... Everthing works great with my Iphone 8s and "Big"Ipad.

Hi. Maybe this isn't the right forum but as my issue are linked to my Mini2 I give it at try here., I use and (old?) IpadMini. The App works great and the Mini2 flies perfect. But after 1-3minutes in the air the screen says. "CPU overloaded" and the Ipad turns off and try to restart... Luckyly it works to fly back with a black screen. I assume that the CPU is out of date..
Any other clues before I put the MiniIpad in the garbagebin... Everthing works great with my Iphone 8s and "Big"Ipad.
Anything other than a Mini 4 is going to be less than needed to run the App...But it is still worth money, so I wouldn't "Bin" it ;)

A Mini3 onwards will work but you really need to disable several unneeded services but the primary reason for the warning message is because your mini is overheating and Apple is slowing down the processor to control heat build up.

More powerful iPads like my Pro work fine on hot days but the mini is really better for cool days or sit it on cooler pad

To make matters worse, it seems the Fly version 1.2.2 may have inefficient code making it waste CPU cycles. The next version app hopefully will be better.

A Mini3 onwards will work but you really need to disable several unneeded services but the primary reason for the warning message is because your mini is overheating and Apple is slowing down the processor to control heat build up.

More powerful iPads like my Pro work fine on hot days but the mini is really better for cool days or sit it on cooler pad
For those who don't know...a mini 3 is just a mini 2 with a fingerprint reader. So again a mini 4 onward is required. A mini 2/3 will over heat in all but the best conditions on DJI software.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60