DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 5s works with Mini 2! Other systems too? Question...

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I have an old iPhone 5s that must be 6 or 7 years old. It has long been deactivated from standard phone use, but miraculously can still make Facetime calls on wifi and do all other functions other than cell calls. I let my grandson play with it. He likes to Facetime with his cousin on "his" phone. I was wondering... will a phone this old still function with my drones?

As far as the Mini 2 goes, the answer is YES! I was surprised and then again wasn't. I haven't tried it with my Mavic 2 and might some time in the future. But the implications of it are that I can have both drones set up and ready to go without having to do an on-the-fly swap.

There were only two minor issues that might be unimportant. The first is that I got an "error" message that the phone's GPU (?) is full and it might not function properly. The second is that there is only a sliver of open space from the menu back to the main screen, so fat fingers might not be able to get it to switch modes. I don't know.

Other than that it seemed to do fine. The screen did look a little different. I don't think there was a "plus" size in the 5 series. In the meantime my 6sPlus works very well with both drones.

...Just thought someone might want to know.

Reactions: Teleman
The "sliver" is a problem lol
I didn't think I'd be able too get it out of the menu because the viewable screen dimensions aren't as wide as the newer phones and don't scale... They just crop.

I have an old iPhone 5s that must be 6 or 7 years old. It has long been deactivated from standard phone use, but miraculously can still make Facetime calls on wifi and do all other functions other than cell calls. I let my grandson play with it. He likes to Facetime with his cousin on "his" phone. I was wondering... will a phone this old still function with my drones?

As far as the Mini 2 goes, the answer is YES! I was surprised and then again wasn't. I haven't tried it with my Mavic 2 and might some time in the future. But the implications of it are that I can have both drones set up and ready to go without having to do an on-the-fly swap.

There were only two minor issues that might be unimportant. The first is that I got an "error" message that the phone's GPU (?) is full and it might not function properly. The second is that there is only a sliver of open space from the menu back to the main screen, so fat fingers might not be able to get it to switch modes. I don't know.

Other than that it seemed to do fine. The screen did look a little different. I don't think there was a "plus" size in the 5 series. In the meantime my 6sPlus works very well with both drones.

...Just thought someone might want to know.
Good to know as I was about to get that iphone for my Mini 2.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan