DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone 7 iOS 11 records the screen and audio, but audio stops when I take off.

Morketh

Reactions
So I found out that you can enable screen/audio recording in iOS 11 on iphone which is cool, good they learning from Android.
I hear the audio as long as the drone is landed and I see the video, the second I take off the audio stops.

Why does the iphone not record the audio after I take off with the drone?

I'm GUESSING it's because DJI GO 4 will start recording the audio for the local cache and the iPhone can only support one app doing it at the same time? Disable recording audio in the DJI app and see if it makes a difference..

I'm GUESSING it's because DJI GO 4 will start recording the audio for the local cache and the iPhone can only support one app doing it at the same time? Disable recording audio in the DJI app and see if it makes a difference..

Okay thanks.
Just a follow up question, why does DJI try to record audio when there is no audio on mavic?

Unchecked "Record audio with video cache" that should do the trick.

it records audio from the phone and uses it only for the low-res videos cached on your phone.. the drone videos have no sound.

Okay scratch that, it still does not record the audio after takeoff...
When I go to General Settings on the DJI GO 4 app and scroll down to "Record Audio with Video Cache" that is set to off... however it still does not record audio after the mavic takes off, it only records when it is on the ground.

And seems to be inconsistent because I just recorded the screen/audio and the audio was not recording when i opened the dji go 4 app, i then closed it and reopened it and it started recording.. however I had no way of knowing that until I actually played the video to see.

i then stopped recording and performed this again, started recording.. opened app... clicked record on the dji go 4 app and the audio continued to record... very inconsistent.

The only thing that is consistent is that it NEVER records audio while flying.

Anyone else had these issues with iphone 7?

Last edited:
Okay scratch that, it still does not record the audio after takeoff...
When I go to General Settings on the DJI GO 4 app and scroll down to "Record Audio with Video Cache" that is set to off... however it still does not record audio after the mavic takes off, it only records when it is on the ground.

And seems to be inconsistent because I just recorded the screen/audio and the audio was not recording when i opened the dji go 4 app, i then closed it and reopened it and it started recording.. however I had no way of knowing that until I actually played the video to see.

i then stopped recording and performed this again, started recording.. opened app... clicked record on the dji go 4 app and the audio continued to record... very inconsistent.

The only thing that is consistent is that it NEVER records audio while flying.

Anyone else had these issues with iphone 7?
Did this ever get resolved?
Mine usually stops the audio when I run the go4 app. It used to record the sound nearly always. Now, it always stops.
iPad 6th gen
iOS 12
Mavic 2 Pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake