DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 7 Plus

JeanVos

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Does this phone work with the Zoom? I might have read somewhere that it does not fit in the remote.....

Regards
Jean

I use a iPhone 7 Plus, but I must remove my protective case for it to fit between the arms. Even then it's a tight fit, and I use the USB connector rather than the one on the side.

It works outstandingly well! I considered using an iPad, but the majority of the brackets that hold the device also block the view of the controller. They’re also unwieldy. I also considered using an old iPhone 5, but it won’t run the GO4 software. The 7+ was the perfect compromise

The iPhone 7 is more than capable. Plenty of people use the iPad Mini4 with no problem and it's running the older A8 chip, while the iPhone 7 (and the 2018 iPad 9.7") is running the A10 chip.

It works outstandingly well! I considered using an iPad, but the majority of the brackets that hold the device also block the view of the controller. They’re also unwieldy. I also considered using an old iPhone 5, but it won’t run the GO4 software. The 7+ was the perfect compromise
agree

One problem that you will encounter no matter what phone that you use, will be glare from the sun. Phones or iPads just aren't designed for outdoor use, and will be overpowered by the sun. You'll have two choices.

1. Find a shady spot somewhere to minimize the sunlight.
2. Use some kind of a shade to screen the viewing device.

I've had minimal success with the shades, so I look for a place to stand that's protected. In an emergency, I've used the landing pad carrying bag with a little success, but the commercial shades have not worked for me.

Now, has anyone else found a better solution?

One problem that you will encounter no matter what phone that you use, will be glare from the sun. Phones or iPads just aren't designed for outdoor use, and will be overpowered by the sun. You'll have two choices.

1. Find a shady spot somewhere to minimize the sunlight.
2. Use some kind of a shade to screen the viewing device.

I've had minimal success with the shades, so I look for a place to stand that's protected. In an emergency, I've used the landing pad carrying bag with a little success, but the commercial shades have not worked for me.

Now, has anyone else found a better solution?

I have used a shade for my iPad mini 4and it works great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead