DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone charging while flying Mavic Air 2.

Retired Navy

Reactions
I often find, that if I check my iPhone battery level, or make some other change from photos video, or review photos, the phone charge is OFF, and I have to reset it. Do others have similar issues ?
I’m having to think about buying the very expensive smart controller.
Thanks

Yes, the setting seems to be forgotten after each session. Not a big deal though a my phoe has many hours of autonomy and my drone only half hour. Plus my phone gives me a low battery warning which reminds me of going to that setting in DJY Fly app.
But hey, if you are looking for reasons to buy another piece of great gear, let this be it - absolutely!

I have the same issue. I alway format the SD and I'm learning to set phone charging at the same time during pre-flight.

Welcome to the forum neighbor! yeah..the iphone is defaulted to off on phone charging and I guess full time on with the Android. I've read complaints from both sides. I try to remember to set it to on and I actually do on occasion :cool:

I know I’m looking right past it, but what page of the manual does it show how to turn the “charge phone” on? Thanks.

I know I’m looking right past it, but what page of the manual does it show how to turn the “charge phone” on? Thanks.
There isn't much to show. It's just a switch that is turned on. It is located in the Control tab of the system settings in the Fly app. It is mentioned on page 36 of the manual.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580