DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPHONE KEEPS DROPPING VIDEO FEED

dinohenry

Reactions
Need some help I'm a new Mavic Pro flyer and my Iphone keeps dropping the video feed when I fly. I'm sure there are somethings I need to turn off or reset on my phone before flying. Any feedback would be great.

Need some help I'm a new Mavic Pro flyer and my Iphone keeps dropping the video feed when I fly. I'm sure there are somethings I need to turn off or reset on my phone before flying. Any feedback would be great.

How far is the Mavic when you lose your video feed? The video feed is reliant upon the strength of its signal to the RC. Have you tried flying with your iPhone in airplane mode?

How far is the Mavic when you lose your video feed? The video feed is reliant upon the strength of its signal to the RC. Have you tried flying with your iPhone in airplane mode?
I am only 25 feet away. I'll try airplane most on my phone what do you think about disabling wifi and Bluetooth while your flying

I am only 25 feet away. I'll try airplane most on my phone what do you think about disabling wifi and Bluetooth while your flying

Airplane mode will disable all those for you. Some people report poor reception distances as the phone/device WiFi signals interfere with the RC<--->Mavic communications. But 25 feet shouldn't be an issue, even with some interference.

Reactions: PowerT1998
Airplane mode will disable all those for you. Some people report poor reception distances as the phone/device WiFi signals interfere with the RC<--->Mavic communications. But 25 feet shouldn't be an issue, even with some interference.
Thanks for your help

[/ATTACH] IMG_0472.JPG IMG_0473.JPG You probably need a better cable and have it routed so that you don't bump it with you hands while flying... All of my disconnects could be traced to a cable or a poor/loose fitting connection. Got one of those better "tough" cables and I have tywrapped my cable to my Mavmount bracket so that it is out of the way. Haven't had a disconnect since...

my Iphone keeps dropping the video feed when I fly

My experience with the same issues to disable Bluetooth and wifi. Never had hitch since.

I had this issue and tried all sorts, clearing the cache etc. in the end it turned out that the supplied lightning cable is a bit S***. I started using a standard lightning to USB and the USB port on the bottom of the controller and have not dropped the feed once since! Its worth a try.

You can turn on “wireless “ even with the Airplane mode in the ON position, just an FYI [emoji6].
It’s a good way to cache the maps without getting phone/texts interrupting, and then turn OFF everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost