DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone settings

“I guess that leads me to question why you would even need a Map for such a desolate area? Also at least when I was there, the temp is way outta spec to fly anyway.”

Desolate? Far from it. The caribou herd alone numbers over a half million animals. Moose, grizzlies, wolves and marine wildlife in the hundreds of thousands.
The temperature today was high of 66 and low was 54. And we don’t live in igloos either.

calls and texts are super aggravating. I just use the basic map if I use it at all. I switch to airplane mode and that takes care of all the distractions..and I always look for shade :cool:

Reactions: DomDeV
I should add...You're going to have to stay out of airplane mode if you need an authorization.

Iphone 11 pro user here.... I usually choose the "Do Not Disturb for 1 hour" before I fly. That leaves wifi and bluetooth "on", but stops notifications and calls *except* calls from my "favorites" -- which is a very, very small list. (Getting into my "Favorites" list is not easy, lol). In addition, with iOS 14 the notifications are much less obtrusive, so even if a call or message comes in during flight , it is much less of a problem than it was on iOS 13.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andresc.castrog