DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone XS with Mavic Air?

Kupe

Reactions
Hey gang-

Got my Mavic Air today and still charging batteries- hope for first flight tomorrow after watching the tutorials.

But here is a basic question. I see lots of threads of Mavic users with an iPhone XS. That's what I have and I'll be darned if I see how users are fitting it in the remote well enough for the video cable to reach it. My XS is in the very slim Apple silicone case. I've even seen mention of users with the XS Max who said no problem. Is everyone using no case with the XS- I am very reluctant to do that. Or maybe I'm missing something obvious which wouldn't be the first time! :D

Thanks gang!

The phone fits perfectly without modifying, without the case. It will not fit with any case that I’m aware of without modifying the rubber grips in the arms.
I have an XS and over 5 different DJI birds. The phone will not fall out if mounted properly.
I finally just went with a Mini4 for exclusive drone use and that, also fits without any mods (w/o case).
You can get different phone/Tablet mounts that fit in the arms too.
YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: NAVMAV and Kupe
Got a xs max with silicon case and fits fine no probs , had to pop the cable from the ring to make it easier to get the connector in but fits in fine with the case

Are you using the RC cable sliders? If so try mounting it without those. I’ve seen many pilots get annoyed by them and just toss em.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde