DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is 336 dead? If so what has replaced it?

JethroXP

Reactions
I've heard that the FAA Part 336 rule for recreational Drone usage was repealed last month. What has replaced it?

Unmanned Aircraft Systems
On October 5, 2018, the President signed the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018(PDF). The Act establishes new conditions for recreational use of drones and immediately repeals the Special Rule for Model Aircraft. The agency is evaluating the impacts of this change in the law and how implementation will proceed. In the interim, please continue to follow all current policies and guidance with respect to recreational use of drones.

Reactions: JethroXP
So, the rules no longer exist, please continue to follow them while we figure out what to do next. I'm sure that will work out well :rolleyes:

So, the rules no longer exist, please continue to follow them while we figure out what to do next. I'm sure that will work out well :rolleyes:
Enjoy your freedom for a few months until they take it away and make you take the 107 part as a requirement.

Enjoy your freedom for a few months until they take it away and make you take the 107 part as a requirement.
From your comment, are you saying that everyone who owns a drone is going to have to take the 107 part as a requirement to fly their drone.??. If so, where did you hear that at. Just asking

From your comment, are you saying that everyone who owns a drone is going to have to take the 107 part as a requirement to fly their drone.??. If so, where did you hear that at. Just asking
That's the purpose of taking the 336 rule away... In the future to fly a drone like the phantom or Mavic, we will most likely have to take a training certificate similar to the 107 part.

The purpose in repealing 336 was to give the FAA greater flexibility in regulating recreational drone usage. There is mention of a safety and knowledge test, but claming it will be similar to 107 is a stretch.

that is the way i read it. I am working on getting the 107 right now and i cant image a person who wants to fly for recreational purposes would have to take this course to do so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika