DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is a stationary hyperlapse off a deck during a TFR illegal?

I would HIGHLY suggest you both take (or go Re-Review) the TRUST information. It's not just something that's a good idea, it's legally REQUIRED to fly under the Exception for Limited Recreational Operations of Unmanned Aircraft (USC 44809)

Here's a quick exert from the TRUST at Pilot Institute:

• Certain airspace is permanently restricted or prohibited for recreational drone flyers
    • Airspace surrounding certain military facilities and national security locations, such as the White House, are prohibited for drone flying
  • At times, it may be necessary for the FAA to temporarily restrict airspace
    • These restrictions are called Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) and do not allow any drone flying
    • TFRs may be established days in advance, or with little notice
  • You might find a TFR in your area during a Presidential visit, during major sporting events, or in times of severe weather/natural disasters
  • Unauthorized flying in restricted airspace is a federal crime
    • Violators can face fines from the FAA and additional prosecution from law enforcement
That was my first thought too. If you don't know what a TFR is put the aircraft down and don't fly until you take/retake the TRUST.

Will Big Brother know the props are off if "He" is watching?

Why does it matter?

The only way BigBro would know is RID, which would show he's not in the air.

Any LEO knowledgeable enough to know about RID and monitor it would see he wasn't flying, but was on the ground.

OK, good to know. I'm not too familiar with RID just yet. Hasn't really been an issue where I am.

Not sure what a LEO is, either.... I'm a Libra :)

OK, good to know. I'm not too familiar with RID just yet. Hasn't really been an issue where I am.

Think of RID as broadcasting your drone's telemetry to the public. Location, altitude, flight status, operator location, and more.

Not sure what a LEO is, either.... I'm a Libra :)

As a Libra you are not aware of the Libra Ecumenical Ontological society?

Oddly tasked with monitoring drone flights by pilots under the age of 27⅗?

Shame, shame on you!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

( Law  Enforcement  Officer)

Even if you were hovering but within the confines of your “personal airspace” you should be good. Your personal airspace is the airspace of your own property, below your roofline.

Above roofline you are venturing into public airspace, and then you may have a problem.

Even if you were hovering but within the confines of your “personal airspace” you should be good. Your personal airspace is the airspace of your own property, below your roofline.

Above roofline you are venturing into public airspace, and then you may have a problem.

Hmm. Is there a legal definition of "personal airspace" to be found?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki