DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is better to have your phone in aeroplane mode or not?

Yes but again all of that has no effect on the flight and signal of the drone. The app does not control the drone. The RC does. I’ve never once turned airplane mode on while I’ve used my phone or iPad to fly. I’ve even closed the app to make a call and reopened it and continued flying.

If you wanted to, you could fly the drone all day without ever opening the DJI app. It merely serves as an informational layout and video feed.

"The app does not control the drone" So all of the settings do nothing? You can not argue that, it is a tool to fly better and safer.

Yes its a good thing to turn on airplane mode when flying, as your mobile device will get More ressources to run flight app, reducing bugs and freezes risks , and as said above, you’ll not be disturbed by phone calls or other...
You should also keep your device as clean as possible, and clear all useless apps from your RAM. The best is to have a dedicated device.
It change nothing at all for your image /telemetry returns, or range.
The only thing you’ll not be able to do is downloading the map or upload your pictures...
however, you’ll still be able to see the drone’s gps position relative to your own position,if your device is fited with gps celular...
not a big deal!

"The app does not control the drone" So all of the settings do nothing? You can not argue that, it is a tool to fly better and safer.
I’m sorry. I’m not understanding your question. Is it pertaining to the features of the app or what the original post was about? I am not “arguing” about what the app does. It is a FACT that the app DOES NOT CONTROL THE DRONE.

You can literally turn on your controller and drone and proceed to fly it without EVER using the app.

What is so hard to understand about that? The app simply gives you information and provides a live feed from the camera.

IOS users notice that even in Airplane mode, WiFi connection can be turned On/Off separately ?
That should turn off the distractions like phone or texts, no?
I do turn off everything, but thought I’d ask this question to put another stick in the spokes ...

I’m sorry. I’m not understanding your question. Is it pertaining to the features of the app or what the original post was about? I am not “arguing” about what the app does. It is a FACT that the app DOES NOT CONTROL THE DRONE.

You can literally turn on your controller and drone and proceed to fly it without EVER using the app.

What is so hard to understand about that? The app simply gives you information and provides a live feed from the camera.

I understand what you are saying, you turned a Mavic into a flying brick... what's the point? And not to beat a dead horse but the app DOES control features that make this drone stand out from the toy drones out there.

This is the title of the original post:
Is better to have your phone in aeroplane mode or not?

IOS users notice that even in Airplane mode, WiFi connection can be turned On/Off separately ?
That should turn off the distractions like phone or texts, no?
I do turn off everything, but thought I’d ask this question to put another stick in the spokes ...
Both iOS and Android give the ability to turn on/off WiFi and BT in airplane mode.

Maybe I didn't understand your point exactly.

" What is so hard to understand?" You can't turn Airplane mode on if you are not using the human interface. AKA: the Phone/Tablet.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand your question"... there's the problem right there, no problem, now you get it right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters