DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IS CGI destroying the next Generation's Perception of Reality?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Have your Say..

My 2 cents... Yes. In so many ways... Compared to the adrenaline of the action and CGI landscapes in SyFy movies, the peace and natural beauty of the earth is becoming lost to them. FPV 360 VR will only make it worse. There is nothing in CGI that can compare to a day in the woods in the fall. A good friend bought a really nice pair of drones and (with the parents permission), gave one to his next door neighbor kid just to get him to be outside for a while - the kid wasn't interested in the least. They really don't know what they are missing.

yes and with the new Adobe Premiere it is super easy to "photoshop" things out of video too. Kids will grow up not believing anything is real.

yes and with the new Adobe Premiere it is super easy to "photoshop" things out of video too. Kids will grow up not believing anything is real.

That what I was shooting for.

I dont think it will effect them as theve grown up with it, just like Our Grandfathers, Fathers, and
we grew up with some form of censorship.
But the Butcher Baker, and Candlemaker are still stocked.

I'm not sure what you mean by destroying perceptions of reality as I don't think that's the case at all nor do I think CGI is the technology to do that. I think there's a much higher degree of scepticism to various forms of media but it's the way it should have always been, although it's easier than ever photos and video have been manipulated in one way or another for many years now.

The current technology that does disrupt my perception of reality is VR even in its fairly clunky first generation form, as much as I love the technology I do find the immersion at times a bit alarming and it's only just getting started with mixed reality headsets also now on the market as well. Within the next few years this technology is going to shrink down and likely integrate with your smartphone so you're going to start to see the real world altered in realtime.

Although there's not much progress yet on anything like dream or memory manipulation I can see that coming in time and that's definitely when people are going to have their reality very much distorted.

I'm not sure what you mean by destroying perceptions of reality as I don't think that's the case at all nor do I think CGI is the technology to do that. I think there's a much higher degree of skepticism to various forms of media but it's the way it should have always been, although it's easier than ever photos and video have been manipulated in one way or another for many years now.

The current technology that does disrupt my perception of reality is VR even in its fairly clunky first generation form, as much as I love the technology I do find the immersion at times a bit alarming and it's only just getting started with mixed reality headsets also now on the market as well. Within the next few years this technology is going to shrink down and likely integrate with your smartphone so you're going to start to see the real world altered in realtime.

Although there's not much progress yet on anything like dream or memory manipulation I can see that coming in time and that's definitely when people are going to have their reality very much distorted.

Sounds like a brave new one. Personally i dont think VR is a thing yet, or at least not on the same terms as the idea with VR is escapism rather than the everyday.
its had it's second go definitely but i think it is still in it's infnancy and there are clear boundaries.

When i say "perception' i should...use a simpler word, Understanding perhaps.
People are so bored with conspiracy theories and Tin Foil, etc that sometimes they forget to question a simple 2d image.
Or at least acknowledge it cant be verified.

Theres a theory in Quantum physics you probably all know ( Schrödingers' Cat in the box).
Basically it goes that if a reaction is not observed there is no way to empirically prove it happened.

So im kind of saying. How do I know Notre Dame Cathedral Burned down? I didn't see the smoke.
I don't know anybody close-by who did. Ive yet to visit the ruins.

Im relying Soly, Entirely on imagery to tell me that (im %99.9 sure it did btw) a Cathedral burned down.
It's the ONLY evidence i have.

Im getting into TIN FOIL territory as usual, but it's just an idea that the one thing we rely on for the confirmation of
(possibly) important information on what's going on can now be Cheaply and Easily Manipulated.

If youve seen 'The Running Man'. (And yes the irony is not lost on me there) you will know what Im rambling on about.
But the LS 25 is wearing off so I'll leave it there and see what ive written in the Morning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121