DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI A Trustworthy Company?

Lone Droner 10

Reactions
Long story short, I have now lost 2Mavic Pros within a matter of one month. I lost the first one as a result of a controller/aircraft disconnect and the RTH did not work. I lost the second Mavic 4 days after I received a replacement for which I paid for out of my pocket. That Mavic also failed to RTH and it "fly away". I have sent all of my flight records to DJI and have exchanged numerous emails with tech support. I have been on the phone at least 3 times trying to get them to tell me what I did wrong or if the aircraft was defective.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts or experience dealing with warranty issues with DJI?

Post your experince on their official forum. Seems that can sometime get their attention in cases like yours.

Long story short, I have now lost 2Mavic Pros within a matter of one month. I lost the first one as a result of a controller/aircraft disconnect and the RTH did not work. I lost the second Mavic 4 days after I received a replacement for which I paid for out of my pocket. That Mavic also failed to RTH and it "fly away". I have sent all of my flight records to DJI and have exchanged numerous emails with tech support. I have been on the phone at least 3 times trying to get them to tell me what I did wrong or if the aircraft was defective.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts or experience dealing with warranty issues with DJI?

My brand new Mavic Pro crashed without any notice and/or warning. It happens two days after I have it with me, it just crashed like totally no power at all...

Contacted DJI Online Support, chat with them and follow up with email by sending them the flight log and some other info as requested. One week after that, I got a reply from DJI Support, it is a warranty issue, and they replace a brand new one for me (only the aircraft and propellers). But it takes around 40 days to reach me.

So far so good for the replacement unit (brand new as well).

You'd probably get more input if you renamed the thread to "Lost drone DJI warranty response times" as this looks like a generic complaint about DJI.

I guess it takes them quite a while to analyse logs without the device itself and if they're aware you've lost two in as many weeks they'll probably look closely at the information.

Hope you get a replacement, but I would avoid flying in the location you did before and for the first few batteries keep it in a low hover and close by to make sure the craft is good and you can get some practise in the process.

Reactions: Kilrah
After losing two Mavics, i would be tying a rope around the next one :D

Funny you say that. I was reading about a tethered drone. Useful for long-duration observations -- gets its power from the tether so I guess it's limited on my the motor endurance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK