DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is fly more package really good advice

As someone gets more comfortable with flying, more batteries are always nice to have. I have 3 for my MM2 and 4 for my MA2 and there are times I still wish I had a few more. The charging hubs are also nice to be able to charge them all without having to babysit each one as it charges. If a person can swing the fly more combo, it's definitely worth the extra money.

Reactions: Rubenc87
I bought the fly more combo and THEN an additional battery. Three in the charger and one in the drone at all times. Every extra component is worth it. I often head out for the day, and a single battery isn't anywhere near enough time in the air.

Here's a cheap way to charge a mini2 battery "on the go".

DJI MINI SE /Mavic MINI 2 Battery/YX Brand QC3.0 LED Display Fast Charger

Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2 10000 mAh

I think I’m just saying the thought that you need this package is so prevalent that is might discourage people from buying the base package
I've been holding off buying a Mini 2 because my local drone shop is out of the fly-more package. I definitely want the extra batteries and charging hub, not to mention spare props, and buying them separately would end up costing more so I'm waiting for restock.

I bought the package for my M2P because I knew I'd need extra batteries, and ended up buying an additional battery so when hiking I'm less likely to run out of juice. So I know I'll want more with the smaller drone.

I’m a little concerned about keeping a battery in the mini 2, if these batteries do swell at some point then I think your done, it’s already a very tight fit, I imagine you would never get it out…

Batteries, batteries, batteries...Always good to have several. I have in the past, but don't like to run my batteries down very low. And, with more batteries the flights are spread out over the group and they get fewer uses, lasting longer.

Hi Artemis, many of us use Mini2 for business purpose like myself. Quite often I use it for monotoring and surveillance and have to stay in the air for more than an hour. I have four batteries and it takes less than 1,5minute to land and swap battery. Then I use the Hub to charge the "used" batteries in the car. All works great. The "wanted" car you see on the videophoto came after 33minutes. Yes I keep my fingers crossed that the surveid object not will show up when I swap battery. EDIT: The Mini2 is perfect for surveillance as it is small and silent = hard to see and hear.
That sounds like fun! I dig it.

From the elevation of the picture it appears you could have just used a spotting scope instead?

I have buyers remorse, did not get the fly more. I'll go back to DJI with my tail b/t my legs and get batts and chg. hub.
Listened to the wrong dude on youtube.

I don't think I did the math on the price. You can probably save a few bucks via shopping around, substituting, or mixing and matching. Price aside:

The extra batteries and the charger are great.
The bag is very intelligently designed and fabulous.

It takes a bit of fitting to get your stuff in there, and yes it's tight (but that's a good thing, as it prevents the parts from jostling around and breaking. The smart third party manufacturers of add on antennas make them so they fit without having to be removed. An 8" tablet fits into the extra slot. It's got shock protection. And check out that zipper. Yup, waterproof!

I say -- just get it. Even if you're busting a hump to get through the month, you will forget that one or two hundred bucks soon enough, and you'll have imo anyway, really great gear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78