DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Gopro Hero 5 a good choice for Mavic Pro??

The Mavic already has a camera, I don't know why you'd need a gopro. You also need a second gimbal if you want to take quality videos with a gopro.

Considering the Mavic only has a lifting potential of 2 pounds, it's going to be severely slowed down by a second camera and another gimbal. Seems like a dumb idea, the gopro is just a bit better than the Mavic's camera.

Reactions: Rbruz
Blimey I can remember the GoPro cameras on the old phantom series drones.

Thanks for the input. My initial reaction to those adding a Gopro was why? Were they being used for redundancy or for superior quality footage? The latter seems to be the answer (panoramic etc.) Agreed the extra weight would reduce performance of the AC, which is why I asked the initial question. Anyone with actual experience with the second camera. BTW DJI sells the Gopro mount

Thanks for the input. My initial reaction to those adding a Gopro was why? Were they being used for redundancy or for superior quality footage? The latter seems to be the answer (panoramic etc.) Agreed the extra weight would reduce performance of the AC, which is why I asked the initial question. Anyone with actual experience with the second camera. BTW DJI sells the Gopro mount

I have seen other people with GoPros fitted to their drones, it might be worth doing a search on the forum to see if you can get your questions answered.Thumbswayup

Reactions: go-ahead-doubledown
Hey Thank you Porky! As a newbie I was unaware of the search option. Very helpful

Your more than welcome, it’s a handy thing to know about (search) if you can’t find what you looking for after searching, post a thread.;)

Everyone here is very helpful so you’re in the right place.

Enjoy;)

Reactions: go-ahead-doubledown
Might be useful as a rearward facing camera for pullbacks etc. but a smaller fpv camera would probably be a better option for that.

Did you know that you can buy the basic Hero (2018) and upgrade it to to the Hero 5? The hardware is the same, just different firmware.

If I were going to mount a 2ndary cam, i'd use the GP7. eStab is best we have at 2.5k (but not perfect). Look at the agricultural modded mavics for inspiration. If someone sends you a G-Code for an appropriate mount let me know as I'd like to play with one too!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie