DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a bad idea to format an SD card and reuse it?

Ripper7620

Reactions
I'm having problems with an SD card not being read, and I suspect that it has both MOV and MP4 files on it. Is it inadvisable to format it and reuse it with only MP4 files? Thank you in advance.

Reformat and see if it works. I am confused as to why you are asking if you should only record MP4, however. Do you think the MOV files had something to do with the problem?

Reformat and see if it works. I am confused as to why you are asking if you should only record MP4, however. Do you think the MOV files had something to do with the problem?

Something went wrong after I put a new SD card in, and now it say "SD card error". I think I accidently put a corrupted SD card in and fried the internal card reader in the apparatus.

Format it using the Go 4 app. That insures that it will be formatted properly for the Mavic.

Reactions: MadProphet
Format it using the Go 4 app. That insures that it will be formatted properly for the Mavic.

Thank you, that's what I did. I think I fried something internally, I'm gonna have to try a new SD card.

I found that when I altered an SD card on my laptop, that the Mavic no longer liked it. I use the Mavic to format the card and all is well.

I found that when I altered an SD card on my laptop, that the Mavic no longer liked it. I use the Mavic to format the card and all is well.

Yes, I always format cards in the Mavic itself. I think I used a faulty card reader.

If you have a faulty card reader you can plug the Mavic directly into your pc with the USB cable. Power it on and it should show as a new connected drive.

If you have a faulty card reader you can plug the Mavic directly into your pc with the USB cable. Power it on and it should show as a new connected drive.
Thank you very much for that tip, I didn't realize you could do that.

At least I didn't damage the Mavic, I got a new SD card and I'm getting no error readings.

Reactions: necroscope
I remember when using a DSLR I took some RAW photos then switched to .jpeg after that I had an error on card when I tried taking more pictures. What I did was reformat on computer and then reformat on device. Should save you a card that you can use in the future.

I remember when using a DSLR I took some RAW photos then switched to .jpeg after that I had an error on card when I tried taking more pictures. What I did was reformat on computer and then reformat on device. Should save you a card that you can use in the future.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe