DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it natural

MyMateDave

Reactions
I was just wondering if the addication to drones is natural :)

I am a amateur photographer and after watching many photography channels on youtube and seeing how the drones had been introduced into the photographers arsenal over the years i decided i would do the same.

I wanted to be able to have that extra option of aerial photography and hopefully start with some videography.

I jumped right in the deep end and purchased the Mavic 2 Pro (which i love) hoping to use it in my photography work flow. The problem was, since i started to toy with the idea and seriously contemplate buying a drone a whole new world opened up to me, and before i knew it the Mavic was in the shopping cart on the DJI website.

Now the blue touch paper had been lit, and before the Mavic had arrived i had purchased a second drone just to play around with in the house and with the kids (a Tello).

Since the arrival of Douglas (Mavic) and Timmy (Tello) in the household i find myself watching reviews and videos of different drones with a smile on my faces and a very nervous credit card sitting in my wallet. I know full well i have no need (yet) for another drone and can not fly multiple at the same time, but since ive been flying the Mavic and chasing my kids around the yard with the Tello this urge for more has become incassable.

Is this normal ?

Yours Sincerely

A hopefully soon to be recovering addict

Dan

Reactions: JoostGT3
There are far worse things to which one can become addicted. Enjoy yourself.

Reactions: MyMateDave
Yea, I guess you can call it an addiction... I prefer to call it "my medication." or "my time. " It's soothing and relaxing and I'm sure alot more "healthier" than you would think....

Until that thing dissappears 3500 feet away.. Lol

Reactions: DrPeppar
I was just wondering if the addication to drones is natural :)

I am a amateur photographer and after watching many photography channels on youtube and seeing how the drones had been introduced into the photographers arsenal over the years i decided i would do the same.

I wanted to be able to have that extra option of aerial photography and hopefully start with some videography.

I jumped right in the deep end and purchased the Mavic 2 Pro (which i love) hoping to use it in my photography work flow. The problem was, since i started to toy with the idea and seriously contemplate buying a drone a whole new world opened up to me, and before i knew it the Mavic was in the shopping cart on the DJI website.

Now the blue touch paper had been lit, and before the Mavic had arrived i had purchased a second drone just to play around with in the house and with the kids (a Tello).

Since the arrival of Douglas (Mavic) and Timmy (Tello) in the household i find myself watching reviews and videos of different drones with a smile on my faces and a very nervous credit card sitting in my wallet. I know full well i have no need (yet) for another drone and can not fly multiple at the same time, but since ive been flying the Mavic and chasing my kids around the yard with the Tello this urge for more has become incassable.

Is this normal ?

Yours Sincerely

A hopefully soon to be recovering addict

Dan

Haha completely addictive. Some days flying are better than others, but there is so much fun to be had, flying and having the different perspective. Then sometimes when the view is just awesome, or a complicated shot requiring multiple combined inputs works out great... and can be really satisfactory, combined with clenched buttocks in high wind situations and the frustration of meticulously trying to edit that movie... Welcome to the world of droning!

Reactions: MyMateDave
There is no cure. I got a Parrot ARDrone back in 2015 followed by a Dji Phantom 3 Standard the following year, a P3Pro a year later, and just got the Mavic Pro a couple of weeks ago. Add to that batteries, cases, tablet holders, filters, etc. My nephew doesn't mind the hand me downs either, though I kept the P3P.

If there is no cure then i guess i shall just ride the wave. Firstly though i have to decide on a tablet and mounting bracket for the Mavic, i would really like a larger viewing format than my iphone but the choices can be overwhelming, any suggestions guys ?

Dan

no cure, run with it, get a room to hide it all away
20180509_120929.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    643.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SDC10564.JPG
    SDC10564.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • SDC10560.JPG
    SDC10560.JPG