DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it really that loud?

g90

Reactions
Is the difference negligible between anything other than the MPP or is the noise really that bad with the Air?

There is an audio file posted here someplace of the MP and the Air. The Air is high pitched, making it sound louder (and it might be?). The Mavic, with larger props, sounds like they spin slower, perhaps a higher pitch prop, but the sound it much better than the Air. (IMO)

I agree, It's maybe just a tad bit louder but also a higher pitch sound.

Look, both make noise and the same people are going to hear both of them. Neither is going to go unnoticed or be less or more annoying to people.

This is the best review of the Mavic Air at the moment:
DJI Mavic Air Review [vs Mavic Pro vs Spark vs Phantom 4 Pro]

You'll see the Reviewer performed a proper decibel test and the Mavic Air was 76.1 dB and the Mavic Pro 77.3 dB.
The Mavic Pro Platinum was 70.3 dB.

The noisiest was the Phantom 4 Pro at 82.1 dB. The Spark was 75.3 dB.

There isn't much in it between the Air, Pro or Spark. What you hear is different types of pitch but the actual dB they produce is all similar.

MA is my first drone and frankly I don't think its that loud. Sure... it loud but not loud loud! Dogs bark louder. Its not even in the same range as a lawn mower.

MA is my first drone and frankly I don't think its that loud. Sure... it loud but not loud loud! Dogs bark louder. Its not even in the same range as a lawn mower.
All should be thankful it’s not as loud as a lawn mower, perhaps a gas.powered chainsaw is more similar sounding to your Mavic Air.

Reactions: paul1664
Is the difference negligible between anything other than the MPP or is the noise really that bad with the Air?
I came from the spark and I can tell you both are noisy but for me it's insignificant. What one person's nose level tolerance is will be different from another's. The true test is the db levels people have been doing with a device and the air is definitely the one with the most noise.

Yeah it's quite loud, had mine up in the air for the first time earlier and it's about equivalent to what is shown in the various videos on YouTube. Doesn't really matter as it starts flying away from you.

Yeah - it's by no means loud enough that you can't have a civil conversation while stood next to it.

Reactions: Devlin
I heard tell that some folks are swapping the one-piece rotors for the folding rotors from the Spark and getting good results in reducing noise. Anyone here try that?

Ready, Set , Drone has done a comparison

Its pretty loud, took it up in my living room and tried to have a conversation with someone 10ft away and I was having issues. So far thats my only beef with it.

Why do we care how loud it is?

Becuase, drones by their nature provoke thoughts exactly like the people commenting above (spying, invasion of privacy etc.) but in those that don't understand the hobby. When you're flying out in nature, or in a park, over peoples houses, or anywhere really, those of us that care about being a bother to other people would prefer the drone to be as quiet as possible. I am on both sides, I go out into nature and seek out interesting locations for the beauty and solitude but also to fly my drone, because that makes for the most interesting footage. I know that if I was simply trying to enjoy my day and the solitude I wouldn't want what sounded like a swarm of bee's buzzing overhead. Maybe it's not something that most people think about but I know its something I consider when looking to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk