DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it time for litchi?

Discostu

Reactions
Hi all
Been flying my MP for months now on an old Sony Xperks. No issues at all.
Wanted a bigger screen as Im about to get an Inspire 1 too, so bought a Sumsung Tab S.

Got it. Downloaded Go4. Hit the icon and it opens up the picture of the couple flying their Air then it just shuts down. No error message.
I've shutdown an restarted the tablet, and reinstalled the app 2 more times. Very frustrating .

Is there a fix, or am I best going for Litchi?

I've been putting it off as in my head, surely the app made by the manufacturer is better?
Would Litchi fly both the Mavic and the Inspire 1? (Obviously not at the same time, I'm not stoopid)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Stuart

You will need to dig around to find the version of Go 4 that works on your Tab S and then turn off auto updates so it does not change. Litchi needs Go 4 for some of the settings to work. Once you run Go 4 and get it out of beginner mode you should not need it any more. Its been a while since I had to do it so this may no longer be the case.

litchi should work on your device, but you may have to take the drone firmware back as well. Latest version is causing many app crashes, "aircraft disconnects" all over the place. I took mine back to .0100. Seems to work good with app 4.2.12. Newer apps suck. My Mini 4 is also having problems. Some others with Mini 4's running into same blotchy video. As it is, I'm no fan of using the Mini 4. It looks terrible and shuts down in the sun, and we've had some hot days. I use my Note 8 phone now most of the time, or my S3 Tab. Ok for now on .0100 firmware and 4.2.12 app.

Nothing has pissed more people off now than the "aircraft disconnected" problem. Some have lost their MP's. DJI is just saying they used a non recommended device. When asked how they lost it, they say I was flying, had it up and out some, and then the app shuts down. Tried to restart the app, it would not start. Meanwhile time is going on. My guess was MP was sitting idle hovering. Some users said they pushed the sticks back to see if they could get the craft back in sight. Without knowing orientation they probably sent it further out than it was.

New thing is the updates occurred, and reset RTH to 0 height, and some said theirs was set to Land. IDK about that, but if it was, then it explains why they couldn't recover the MP. Still, all of this due to issues with their garbage app.

Litchi is a good option if you have Go4 running. My advice is downgrade Go4 to 4.2.12, and then shut off auto updates at Google Play Store. Install litchi and it should work well. If the MP is under warranty, you may want to just use Go4 for now. My MP is just a few mos from being a year old. I run Litchi, I've lost connection on the MP app and had to use the display telemetry data to return the MP, or get in range where I can be comfortable with it. Even in ATTI modes which has happened on occasion. The MP is not as simple as a cheap drone with auto hover and no gps. You have to fight it sometimes to get it to you, especially when it is popping in and out of ATTI mode. There is no ATTI only mode on it.

Hi all
Been flying my MP for months now on an old Sony Xperks. No issues at all.
Wanted a bigger screen as Im about to get an Inspire 1 too, so bought a Sumsung Tab S.

Got it. Downloaded Go4. Hit the icon and it opens up the picture of the couple flying their Air then it just shuts down. No error message.
I've shutdown an restarted the tablet, and reinstalled the app 2 more times. Very frustrating .

Is there a fix, or am I best going for Litchi?

I've been putting it off as in my head, surely the app made by the manufacturer is better?
Would Litchi fly both the Mavic and the Inspire 1? (Obviously not at the same time, I'm not stoopid)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Stuart
Doesn't the Inspire 1 use the older DJI Go app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143