DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it time to upgrade?

I need to disagree from you.
The air was never meant to be a Pro level drone. After the Spark the Air was the option and then the Mavic Pro.
The problem here is that DJI asking price for the Mini (entry level drone) is very comparable to the intermedium drone Air 2S, and that is exactly why is the comparison because the price is not that far and on top of that they called Pro when a medium drone has more PRO features than this Mini 3 Pro.

My biggest disappointment from this PRO drone is that you can not change the aperture like the Mavic 3 or Mavic 2 Pro. Why called Pro?

DJI is going higher and higher on the price without offer a justification for it. Give me more technology and I will be happy to pay more, at the end, you are supposed to get what you pay. This is not the case from the Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro.
I see what you mean.

Sometimes things are lost in translation (Chinese) with the word PRO.

I consider the Mavic 3 series of drones to be for simi professionals and professionals.
The mini series is for entry level. The mini pro being the top of the mini line.

I bought the mini 3 pro to have fun with but still be a decent airborne camera.
I bought my M3,3E and 3T to make money.

When it comes to price they just want to see what we will spend.
Those that are new to drones think the price is normal. New people are more concerned about features than price. Notice how many questions are about what to buy not many about price.
While veterans only upgrade for better value and then features.

DJI’s goal is simply to get us to keep upgrading and spending money.
They remind me of GM back in the 50 - 70s a car for every type of buyer.

Reactions: zeusfl
And if you notice, DJI move very fast with the "mini" series from Mini 1 to almost 4 in no time when they leave the Mavic 3 in the limbo for a long time before was released. Obviously DJI is making tons of money with the Mini series and we are playing DJI games sadly.

I am a photographer and love to explore the world through the lens of my drone. I am currently flying a Mavic Air2. This drone has been great to fly and I have taken some amazing images with it but like every photographer I’m chasing the best image that a drone can produce and they’re a few new drones out. Budget is a cerncern.

My Air2 had several issues and just before my care refresh expired I sent my drone in and I have a brand new unopened Air2 in a sealed box. Ok here’s my dilemma, ideally I’d like to sell the Air2 and upgrade to a Mavic 3 Classic but I don’t have the funds to do that. My other options are to sell the Air2 for either a Air2s or a Mini 3 Pro. I’m not looking for trade offers, I’m asking other shooters their thoughts, to me it’s all about the camera quality. Third option is to keep the Air2 and just keep flying with that. Anybody else go through this?

Lance
I started flying with the Air 2 and upgraded to an Air 2 s for the same reasons you are considering.
As a photographer the difference in image quality when posting or viewing on a screen is negligible. Even when using the 48mpx mode on the 2.
As a printer, both drones will make a good 16 x 20 print when viewing at a normal distance. I am able to get a good 20 x 24 print from the 2s.
Both raw files will benefit using Topaz Gigapixel.
If you are not printing, it's just a matter of want over need, and there's nothing wrong with getting a new toy (LOL)
There are a few good upgrades with the 2s but nothing earthshaking.
I hope this helps with your decision.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake