DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my mavic 2 damaged?

cosminbanaurs

Reactions
Hi Guys.

Today I crashed my drone from 1.5 meters and fortunately it's still working. Only 2 propellers are damaged. Now I'm not sure if the engine is damaged. I tried the drone with full speed and it's working perfectly. The propellers seem to fit perfectly the engine but the metal circle in the center is not leveled with the propeller. And touching the engine I noticed it moves up and down but it doesn't appear to be broken.
Please check my video to see what I mean it's not easy to explain. Can I keed it or I need to ship to DJI?
Thank you for your help.

DJI-min.jpg

Hello, take the motor off the arm and see if there is a C-clip that has been pushed off, you may need to just push the motor shaft back into place, some times it easy to do and sometimes not so easy, it is a press-fit, I haven't had one of the Mavic motors apart to know for sure, good luck and happy flying.

I had the exact same thing happen. A 5 foot fall, landing upside down.

As you show in the photos, the motor rotor is no longer flush with the propellor. You need to push the motor rotor back up from the underside.

I don’t know how you would do it for a back leg, but for the front legs, you remove the three visible screws from the landing gear piece, and a tiny 4th Phillips head screw that is accessed from under the light (you will need to carefully pop out the transculent grey cover).

After removing the landing gear, you can remove the three screws that attach to the motor. After that, you can push/hammer the rod back down until it is *almost* flush with the motor bearing.

Be careful! I removed the plastic propellor mount on the top to keep from damaging it. You will want to cushion things well to keep from damaging the motor. A small ball-peen hammer does the trick, while resting the motor on the edge of some sort of block/table.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya